Fly Over

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Can someone point me to a tutorial that explains how to do a fly over from a camera's point of view?

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    Can someone point me to a tutorial that explains how to do a fly over from a camera's point of view?

http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials.html

specifically the tutorials by Expert Village,

and there is this youtube vid on camera keyframing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjhcqRplr7k

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Thanks but I could not find any of them that addressed how I can do a fly over. Some address animation, even how to fly up, but not how to fly over a mountain or building from ground to ground.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited January 2013

Hi Vindazi.

The problem with explaining what you need would depend a lot on how much you already know about Bryce animation.
    If you are quite familiar with it already, it makes it a lot easier to explain as there's no need for such a level of detail.
    If you are completely new to Bryce animation, then it's going to be tricky as we'd have to start explaining keyframes, timelines and stuff.

Unless someone can find a video tutorial that explains exactly what you need, you may have to search through several to get bits and pieces from various ones that give you a better idea of the steps involved. I've had a quick look and can't find one single video that would do the job, but they are all helpful in various ways in showing you how to set up camera views, create animation timelines, adding keyframes for individual items and setting camera parenting etc.

Let me know and if no one comes along with a solution in the meantime, I'll see if I can put something together for you this evening.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

I am familiar with key framing in Bryce and have made numerous test run animations and one that has been screened in film festivals, but I don't consider myself an expert :-).

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Click the link below my signature picture and look at "Removing Fly-Bounce". Pretty much covers it.

edited December 1969

Excellent! Thanks a lot. BTW, I share your sentiments about the weakness of documentation on otherwise superb software.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,138
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    BTW, I share your sentiments about the weakness of documentation on otherwise superb software.

You're not alone!
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    Excellent! Thanks a lot. BTW, I share your sentiments about the weakness of documentation on otherwise superb software.

Phew! presumably Oroboros has saved the day and saved me from having to put together some instruction for you. :)
    Which is ideal at the moment as I'm quite busy.

Glad you got it sorted and please post your finished animation when it's done, it's always great to see what people are getting up to.