Hands Dial-up for Genesis 3 Male and Female

This looks like a nice product and I'm happy to see that the PA, Neikdian, has made the poses for both male and female figures.

Some of the poses look very realistic such as the "pinch" pose (see below) which is much better than most pinch poses I have seen.

Still, I have to ask what is that "fist" pose supposed to be? (see below)  Maybe a.. "..I want to break my thumb when I hit you." pose?

Only little girls who have not yet had basic mechanics explained to them make a fist like that, so in general it's not a very useful pose.  ;)

I say again, I like this product, but I would ask Neikdian to look at a few fist images on the internet (see below for an example) and make a proper fist pose. Then I will be happy to buy the product.

Pinch.JPG
159 x 155 - 13K
Fist-wrong.JPG
150 x 158 - 11K
Fist-right.jpg
268 x 448 - 59K

Comments

• make a proper fist pose. Then I will be happy to buy the product.

lol.  

This had my interest and was in the cart and then I saw the total and removed it. Might still get it in the future.

• Only little girls who have not yet had basic mechanics explained to them make a fist like that, so in general it's not a very useful pose.  ;)

Be fair. Little boys who haven't had the basic mechanics explained to them will also make a fist like that.

• To be fair, it would depend on how you mean to use the fist.  When I do a fist pump in the air for "yeah!", I find my thumb goes over my fingers.  The classic Black Panthers and other posters, also do this.  https://www.cla.temple.edu/chat/images/exhibits/powertothepeople.jpg

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,232

To be fair, it would depend on how you mean to use the fist.  When I do a fist pump in the air for "yeah!", I find my thumb goes over my fingers.  The classic Black Panthers and other posters, also do this.  https://www.cla.temple.edu/chat/images/exhibits/powertothepeople.jpg

I think the poster was making the point that the thumb over the fingers is "correct" and thumb inside fingers is "wrong". At least that is how the attached illustrations are labeled.

• Hi guys, I'm glad you like my products :)

Especially I tried to be careful about not repeat DAZ's orginal Genesis 3 hand poses, there is a classic fist pose on that

This is one reason of some poses aren't usual. And the other reason, it looks odd to you :) but it's really useful with others

Some of poses have been made mostly for meeting needs MIX and MATCH

Hope I can answer your question Newton ;)

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Hi Neikdian. Great to have your reply, thanks for that. On the whole, as I said, I like this hand pose set and especially the fact that you provide a G3F and G3M version for each pose.

I take your point about wanting to do something different, and indeed some other pose sets have fists. However I really can't imagine a use for the fist pose you included as it would do serious damage to the thumb if you actually hit anything. Still, if you are looking for different ideas for hand poses, how about "pulling on a rope", "cupping the hands together to hold water", "holding the hand flat as a halt sign", "sucking a thumb" (you might be surprised how many adults still do that when they think no one is looking)... essentially I'm suggesting hand poses which have a predefined use. They can always be tweeked by the end user to fit a slightly other than intended use.

Anyway, thanks for your response and interest in our views, I wish you every success as a PA.

edited February 2017

oops.. I see you already have one hand pose that could be used for thumb sucking, hehe. Then maybe finger sucking as in a pout... well anyway I think you get the idea... poses targeted at actual actions.

The divers "OK" sign might be a good one... fun for all those who would like to portray Mr Trump, at the very least!

Tauchzeichen-Okay-Diving-Sign-Okay.png
    550 x 550 - 8K
    Post edited by IsaacNewton on

Sorry for another post... just thought of another hand pose set I'd love to see... holding hands including a "fingers entwined" version... now there is a challenge :) (see examples below)

holding-hands.jpg
    1329 x 777 - 102K
    holding hands 276916155tgFICj_fs.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 54K
  • However I really can't imagine a use for the fist pose you included as it would do serious damage to the thumb if you actually hit anything. 

Haha I should write a note under that pose :)

The best thing about this set, you can do all of these by mixing a few ones... 

For example, a quick ScreenShot: if you apply it both hands, can be perfect "cupping the hands together to hold water"

Maybe you want to play with it more, I did it quickly :)

• Sorry for another post... just thought of another hand pose set I'd love to see... holding hands including a "fingers entwined" version... now there is a challenge :) (see examples below)

About couple poses, it is an another story I think ;)

Yes, I do like the idea of being able to mix hand poses.

So, Neikdian... how about a set of "couples" hand poses? Can you rustle up a set like that?

• Neikdian said:

Sorry for another post... just thought of another hand pose set I'd love to see... holding hands including a "fingers entwined" version... now there is a challenge :) (see examples below)

About couple poses, it is an another story I think ;)

That would be an instant buy from me, couples hand poses in different kind of situations,