Last Known Stable Version of DS4.5?

sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

What's the version number and where do I get the last known stable version of DS4.5?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

4.5.1.56 is the official general release. Reset your purchase of DS4, or "buy" it again.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited January 2013

"Stable" is a relative term. DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro (4.5.1.6) constantly crashed for me every time I tried to manipulate something after loading content into the scene. I was advised to turn "Display Optimizations" from "Best" to "Better", and it's been running without a hitch ever since.

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

One's computer also has a lot to do with stability. 4.5.1.6 had never crashed for me. Nor has 4.5.1.56 yet. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I agree with Frank. The Stability is System dependant. OS, 32bit or 64bit, Ram available, Graphic card, and other factors. Even just one out of date Driver can make all the differance.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I will add that with my old crappy machine and in my opinion DS4.5 is more tempermental than DS4 or 3A. I could run DS3A and DS4 all day long...until 4.5 came out. Then crash, crash, crash. But I will admit I was asking a lot from my machine with using DS4.5 and it's cool features which are memory dependent.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited December 1969

I had no crashes that I couldn't explain in 4.5.1.6 and found it very stable, but with the new version 4.5.1.56 I've had 3 crashes for no obvious reason in the last 2 days, GenX no longer seems to work correctly, DS freezes up for a couple of seconds all the time.

I'm far from impressed with this one.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I've been rather satisfied with DS 4.5.1.6. It has been stable for me. I have not yet tried the latest 4.5.1.56.