I need a porcupine.

A realistic porcupine would be awesome. And if it came with a few detached quills I could parent to other figures and objects, that would be even better. If someone out there is wondering what animal to make next...

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Have a word with Alessandro Mastronadi:

http://www.daz3d.com/alessandro_am

His cute little furrry animals are weapons grade.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Agreed, since the one other guy that I thought might possibly have one seems to have neglected to make one at this time.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited February 2017

Hello folks, I'm about ready to send Squirrels to QA (8 different breeds); following in line mice and rats, porcupine, hamsters, chipmunks and guinea pigs, rabbits, capybara and maybe a new beaver model (so to complete the Rodent and Lagomorphs family).

Concurrently to these I'm also proceeding with a fully featured canine line, and a polymorph feline shape for big and domestic cats. Lot of critters under production...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

But no mustelids planned?

• Chohole said:

But no mustelids planned

I have a base mesh ready for mustelids, however I didn't develop any texture or fur yet since it seemed like there was little interest for it.

• Alessandro, I love your animals! Can't wait to see your porcupine.

Chohole said:

But no mustelids planned

I have a base mesh ready for mustelids, however I didn't develop any texture or fur yet since it seemed like there was little interest for it.

Alessandro, rest assured that I will be second in the queue if you bring out any mustelids, right behind Chohole. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Ferrets     

How can anybody not want ferrets.

Or badgers 

We used to watch the badgers every night when we still lived down at Chohole Gate Lodge.  They liked our Mulberry tree, and had dug tehir own entrance into our garden to gobble up the fruit when it was in season.  When it wasn't we used to leave treats out for them, sometimes had as many as 7 or 8.

• Chohole said:

Ferrets     

hose look like the ones from Beastmaster... :D

Chohole said:

Ferrets     

hose look like the ones from Beastmaster... :D

I have loads of Photos of our ferrets, unfortunately they are not digital and I need to get a new scanner.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,353
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Ferrets and badgers are nice enough, but I love skunks - especially if I don't have to smell them, lol. Also, don't forget the wolverines, martens, weasels, and honey badgers.

Zylox said:

Ferrets and badgers are nice enough, but I love skunks - especially if I don't have to smell them, lol. Also, don't forget the wolverines, martens, weasels, and honey badgers.

But ferrets are the best.  You can take them out for a walk, with a handful of nets and stuff, and they can not only catch teir own dinner, on a good evening they could catch enough to feed the dogs and cats as well. And we weren't averse to the occasional rabbit pie.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

and this is why they are illegal in California.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

LOL, nobody I ever knew kept a pet ferret for long. I won't keep a cat or dog for the same reason.

• Just to reassure that porcupine is coming, here a very early screecaps of the WIP model. More updates to come soon...

sshot-2.jpg
    1899 x 1277 - 308K
    sshot-1.jpg
    1740 x 1176 - 258K
    sshot-3.jpg
    919 x 1478 - 176K
    sshot-4.jpg
    1422 x 1478 - 366K
  • Someone looks a little prickly today, in a good kind of way.

• WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92

I want a ferret!  Just so you know.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Nice looking porcupine, looking forward to it.

Alessandro,

I'm curious, does the porcupine use LAMH or have you generated the spines some other way?

Cheers,

Alex.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited March 2017

Alessandro,

I'm curious, does the porcupine use LAMH or have you generated the spines some other way?

Cheers,

Alex.

Hey Alex, the porcupine will feature a LAMH asset for the base short fur; quills will be done in geometry, I'm currently using Maya paint effects for those.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on