Let's talk about the storyboard room

2»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

ok  yes what about a black outline of an object moving or rotating in the 3d space?

Make a duplicate of the object, scale it down uniformly and add a Shadow Catcher shader to it - then adjust the lights to have shadows behave appropriate to the desired effect - best used with a backdrop or background, which will cause the backdrop or background to show through where the Shadow Catcher is. Make the other object black

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

thanks DB but as said not easy to accomplish imo

• late to the part here but I been looking for a program like frame forge so I can do 3d storyboards alot easier than doing it in blender or maya. I been trying to find information on how its kind of build or how it runs and seems like most people havent used it for this purpose. it seems like it kinda of cool for storyboarding as I use daz studio for content creation and blender for my final product. I get alot of people feelings about carrara being so low in price and because of that there is not much drive to update it, but I feel like with such a low entry price and some really nice features that other programs dont have it would be cool to get a update some time in the future. would any of you have any links or documents on how to us the storyboard room?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Carrara 7 (daz3d.com) link to manual 

start at 665 page - good luck ;)

• Headwax said:

Carrara 7 (daz3d.com) link to manual 

start at 665 page - good luck ;)

oof..thanks tho, I see you everwhere on these fourms I am even trying to find one you commented on about hdri in carrara using spherical camera  I swear I bookmarked it lol