Eeep! Error saving my file

LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm trying to autofit Major Cache (love!) to Genesis, but it's giving me some errors.

I have yet to scrap and redo.

Last bits:

WARNING: fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(3018): No shape found for writing skin binding.
WARNING: fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(2127): writeSkinAsset() failed.
WARNING: fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(945): writeModifierAsset() failed.
WARNING: fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(799): writeModifierLibrary() failed.
WARNING: fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(690): writeLibraries() failed.
Failed to save a file. See the log for more details.

Any help to know what's going on would be wonderful!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What is the exact process you are going through and which figure is the original for?

• LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

It's originally for M4. I loaded each of the parts to the genesis character, and let the autofit take over. Some pieces I had to try twice. Just one of those things. The chest piece I decided to just let it load and parent it to the chest as an object, rather than try to autofit it.

I had started to mess with shaders when I tried to save the file, and it burped the error. Tried to save again, and it burped the same thing.

On the bright side, I closed Daz, opened it, did the same exact thing and it actually saved. Now I'm just curious how that happens and what it means.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Ok...as long as it worked.

Why it couldn't find the M4 shape the last time and did after a restart...not even going to begin to try to figure that out.

I was going to say if it was M3 then, make sure that the M3 shape was installed properly...but the M4 shape clone for Autofit is standard. Hopefully this was just a 'one off'

• LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Most peculiar indeed. Well, that's why I do the figures first, separate and then merge. :)

Much appreciate that you were curious too.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

lucynsky DS 4.5.0.114 is somewhat old now and there has been a number of public releases after that, the latest being 4.5.1.56 and Autofit has been greatly improved...so it has been noted. Can't test myself at the moment. Just thought I would mention it. :)