Face morphing

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a modelled face which i need to morph in to genessis. Can any1 tell me how to do this

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If it has the same number of vertices as the Genesis face, or part of the face, you can turn it into a moprh with Morph Loader Pro. If it is just a face that you have modelled seperately, then it wont work.

What you would need to do, is send Genesis to Hexagon, remodel the face, making sure not remove or add vertices, then send it back to DS, and Morph Loader Pro will pop up asking if you want to create a morph, and to name it.

• edited December 1969

I have modelled a face using face generator now i want to use in daz. Face is an obj file.
    So can i import both face and genesis in maya cut of genesis head and apply the new model
    Will that work

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't have facegen, but have a look at this page: http://www.facegen.com/exporterDG.htm

According to this, it can export a Genesis mesh.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

the FaceGenerator exporter does work. It automatically sets up a morph slider for Genesis.

There is one little issue I've found with it in that it tends to deform the eyes so that they are no longer spheres, but egg shaped at odd angles, which bothers me a bit, but if you're generating background characters, it's not all that bad.