Understanding "Required" Product Purchases

LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
edited December 1969 in New Users

I wish to buy BillyHawk Hair. But I don't understand why I would have to purchase three other products just to use it...
This product requires:

Millennium Baby 3.0,
The Freak
David Base

This doesn't make sense to me. I don't want Milliennium Baby, The Freak or David. This is just hair and I want to use it for Michael. I do understand why I would have to buy some clothing before I can use a special sytle or texture for these clothes so I have to basically buy the base clothing to get the design or texture but why do I need to buy morphs just to use hair?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

In this case it doesn't mean that it requires these 3 figures.

It probalby means that it includes fits for these.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited January 2013

Actually Pam I looked up the item in question and it does state -

!This product requires:
    David Base ,
    Millennium Baby 3.0 ,
    The FREAK

Could it be a mistake? I've never heard of hair requiring certain models.

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
    edited January 2013

Yes Harry I know what it says, what I am saying is that it doesn't mean it needs these to work. It is possible that it has fits for these figures included in the product.

THere were some anomalies that happened when the store was relaunched, and this is one of them.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

The additional information tab in the product page lists all the figures the hair will fit and there is also a M4 fit at http://neftis3d.com/updatesm4.swf

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It's just odd...there's a list of fits and while yes, all the 'required' ones are on it, there are more than that....and they aren't 'required'...

It's a hr2 hair...

At this point I'd say none of them are really required. I'm for the most part you can take almost any hair and put it on just about anything...the problem is how easy it is to do so...not whether or not you can actually do it.

edited December 1969

There were anomalies like this, from when the Store first launched.

Were you not around when we were actually discussing having a fun new contest, based on a similar thing to the long running RRRR contests, only in this case it would have been "Random Requirements Roulette"

The idea behind it was that you selected a product from the store and rendered it, using the product requirements that were listed.

Some of them were really funny.

Unfortunately most of this problem was corrected before the discussion turned into a fun contest. :roll:

There are obviously just a few still left around.

edited December 1969

I'd rather the 'overkill'...than the other way around...the not listing something that really IS needed.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I have notice a lot of products that specify required products that don't seem correct. For example Lienna for V4 and Genesis (http://www.daz3d.com/lienna-for-v4-and-genesis). It says it requires Victoria 4.2 Morphs++. I assume that this means it requires the V4.2 Morphs++ to use it with V4, but surely they are not required to use it with Genesis.

I have seen some other products that bundle version that work with V4 and V5, that say they require both V4 and V5. I assume that you only need one or the other.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your correct, it means if you wish to use the V4 version it needs the Morphs++ for it. Not for the Genesis version.

edited December 1969

Yeah sometimes it is difficult to get a message over in just a few words and still have it totally comprehensible.

The biggest problem here is that people will read those few words, they will not appreciate an essay on the subject, but the essay would spell things out fully. So you have to compromise, and there are always people on the forums who will know the answer, if people think to ask, as the OP did.

• LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

I do want to thank all that have commented on this thread. My problem is that I have brought a ton of products that apprently I didn't need at all because I believed that "required products" really meant "required". I was beginning to believe that Daz3d was doing this to push up sales for low selling products. But this leads me to an unsettling thought. How do I know for sure that the products that stated "required" on a product I want is really "required?" There are a lot of these "forced" requirement products I've seen all over the place and I'm just not sure what I should be buying. In fact I feel kind of cheated.

edited January 2013

IF you bought them within the last 30 days you get a no quibble money back guarantee. Just got to help on the very top bar, and then contact us and submit a help request. Give the order number(s) and Paypal transaction number, if you used PayPal.

Edited to add, if you are in doubt about required items, then the best thing to do is as you have done this time, and ask here in the forums.

edited January 2013

i finally found my order.#100374130. No, it was November 17, 2012 when I was too dumb to question why I was required to spend $ 40 on stuff I'm never going to use just to have one hair product priced at $8.48. I'v been wanting BillyHawk Hair that's been on my wishlist since June 16, 2012, even missed a couple of sales on it because I thought I would have to spend another $40 or $50 dollars just to use it. I really need it now for another book cover which is why I strated this thread. I have no reason to use Preschoolers, or Teens or even Stephanie. These products are a waste of money. Luckily for me Aiko Base was free.

Addition HairStyles
    Installers

$8.48

Ordered: 1

$8.48

Millennium Kids- Preschoolers
    Installers

$4.97

$4.97

Millennium Kids - Young Teens
    Installers

$14.98

$14.98

Stephanie 3.0 Petite Base
    Installers

$19.98

$19.98

Post edited by LJWM on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    There were anomalies like this, from when the Store first launched.

Were you not around when we were actually discussing having a fun new contest, based on a similar thing to the long running RRRR contests, only in this case it would have been "Random Requirements Roulette"

The idea behind it was that you selected a product from the store and rendered it, using the product requirements that were listed.

Some of them were really funny.

Unfortunately most of this problem was corrected before the discussion turned into a fun contest. :roll:

There are obviously just a few still left around.

If this post is to me, No I don't remember ever seeing this contest or the information about the possiblity that "required" doesn't mean "required. I am a newbie and I don't follow this forum everyday either. In fact, I have noticed so many of these that I can't figure out which ones really are required or not. How am I supposed to just know that. I'm sorry but I'm very frustrated as well as feel pretty stupid that I didn't question this earlier.

edited January 2013

OK. It has been suggested that you file a support ticket. Explain very politely that you bought the items because they were listed as required items, but now discover that they are not. Ask if there is anything that can be done, even though the 30 days has expired.

Expalin as fully as you can that you are very new to DAZ 3D and took it as gospel that these items were required, even though they are not.

List the items that you bought, give the order number and add a link to the store page for Additions hair http://www.daz3d.com/addition-hairstyles

I am sorry that this has all happened to you. If you don't use the forums often, then I can understand that you didn't see the threads about this problem. Don't dwell on that part in your support ticket, merely give all the relevant information, stress that you are a New USer, and that you were misled by the store page.

This is something we cannot do anything about, you really will need to contact Customer service, by filing the support ticket. The forums are for forum members, so the chances are that CS will not see this thread, and Moderators are volunteers.

THe forums are very useful for finding out this sort of information, so as I said before, in future do think to ask before you purchas products that you think would not be tryuly "Required products"

edited January 2013

Hi Chohole,
    Thanks but I'm always nice. Okay, sometimes frustration does get the best of me. Thanks for the advise. But it's like how do you know when to ask a question when you don't know you should be asking a question. It stated "required" so I thought it meant just that. I have purchased products that did need other products to work...i.e. textures for base clothing but hair just didn't seem right to me but I purchased the required items and just allowed myself to feel cheated.

I'm going to try to see what Daz is able to do. I do have them now although I can't ever see a need for them. I would feel much better if they are willing to offer a discount for them. I will see. Thanks.

Post edited by LJWM on
  • edited December 1969

Hi Folks,

This is Kraig from DAZ 3D Customer Service. Sorry about the confusion with the information on the product page http://www.daz3d.com/billyhawk-hair. I haven't seen all the previous posts in this thread, so this message may not be news to you.

The product page should not have any figures listed after 'Required Products.' Those figures, Millennium Baby 3.0 The FREAK David Base, should be listed after Compatible 3D Figures.

You could actually use BillyHawk Hair by itself, if you wanted to, as it includes its own model. As with most hair products, you could make it a child object to the head of a figure for which it is not supported and with a little tweaking, it would work fine.

The product page for BillyHawk Hair has been revised to reflect this. If you find any other products that you suspect are not correct, feel free to let us know through our Zendesk customer support page on our site: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/home.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the update, Kraig.

edited December 1969

Please fix Addition HairStyle http://www.daz3d.com/addition-hairstyles. This is the one that I bought all the products for and it still shows all those products I brought as required. I don't want anyone to have to overspend to get one product as I did. Thanks.