Inverse Kinematics for Genesis in P2012

grossottogrossotto Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Last weekend I installed dson to bring DS- files into poser. There was no problem.
It works fine.
But anybody know a way to use the inverse kinematics for the new Genesis people like Young Teens 5?

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,788
    edited January 2013

Just for grins I tried constructing IK chains for the legs and they work OK, although the feet move when IK is toggled on. This tutorial tells how to do it (towards the bottom):

poser.smithmicro.com/tutorials/Characters_rigging.html

One issue is that I haven't figured out a way to grab the hip; you have to use the dials. If you pull on the pelvis it doesn’t move, but does a hula dance. If you put the pelvis in the chain, it breaks the mesh with IK on...

Post edited by WandW on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,788
    edited January 2013

With Les Bentley's help, I put together a pose to add IK chains to Genesis in Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012 brought in by way of either the DSON Importer, or a cr2 exported from DAZ Studio 4.x.
    Also included is a pose to add a handle to the Hip actor of the Genesis figure brought in via the DSON Importer to allow direct manipulation with the mouse...

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/67133/view/11/Poser/Inverse-Kinematics-for-DAZ-Genesis-in-Poser

Post edited by WandW on