DS4.5 Saving Morphs from Hexagon (M4)

Styles2304Styles2304 Posts: 0

I have a shirt for M4 that I need to smooth some things out on in Hexagon. When I bring the object back into Daz as a morph, how do I save it so that it remains a part of the scene? I've tried going to File > Save As > Support Asset > Morph Asset(s) but that requires that I select a weighted noted and won't allow me to save what I have.

What I've read elsewhere says that simply saving the scene will save the morph bu that isn't the case either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

File > Export and select CR2 as the file type.

When it comes to Poser format content things like morphs have to be saved in the same format for it to be of much use, with figures you need to use the EXP exporter to create INJ/REM files, with clothing it's usually a case of creating a new CR2 as they don't normally have spare channels for you to INJ/REM with.

• Styles2304Styles2304 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, so once I have the shirt saved as a CR2 . . . how do I go about creating the INJ/REM files?

Also, do I need to export it as a CR2 BEFORE I create the morph?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Ok, so once I have the shirt saved as a CR2 . . . how do I go about creating the INJ/REM files?

Also, do I need to export it as a CR2 BEFORE I create the morph?

Well, for D/S3 there used to be a free script which would create these.
    However when making them for a purchased [or somebody else's cr file] ... the steps get rather complicated.
    Basically it required making a .cr2 that called for the original .cr2, plus adding the pose files which added the inj/rem files. [because you cannot redistribute another's clothing file]
    I used to have a little tutorial available for this but as far as I know the script was pulled when D/S4 came out. Script for the D/S4 editions, well, I don't know if it's not been updated or if it isn't required anymore. But if not required, I haven't tripped over the information yet either. So am posting here too hoping there is a way.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

If the shirt is your own creation then you don't need INJ/REM's, simply exporting it as a new CR2 will write your morph into the file, you might need to use the property editor to change where the morph appears in the Parameters tab's list.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    If the shirt is your own creation then you don't need INJ/REM's, simply exporting it as a new CR2 will write your morph into the file, you might need to use the property editor to change where the morph appears in the Parameters tab's list.

It's not, this shirt topic was started in another forum.

edited December 1969

That's correct. It's the last pieces of my puzzle to . . . the only thing keeping me from finishing my project. Anyone else have any ideas?

edited December 1969

That's correct. It's the last pieces of my puzzle to . . . the only thing keeping me from finishing my project. Anyone else have any ideas?

Okay now ... I came across the installer of mine for said jacket ... imported it into Hexagon ... and there doesn't appear to be any problems in making a straight type badge to fit the curved shirt.

This particular shirt/jacket comes with all kinds of morphs and quite frankly I don't recommend messing with it. More likely to ruin the other morphs than fix a situation which isn't normally fixed in this manner. We normally make our badges to fit the shirts.

Hope these help.

003.png
    845 x 556 - 495K
    002.png
    1321 x 494 - 54K
    001.png
    1422 x 766 - 106K
    edited December 1969

I appreciate your sticking with me through this process but that just isn't the way I'm going to be able to go. The Imperial rank bars aren't badges, they're hard flat pieces that are pinned to shirts.

The best solution for me is still to find some way to save the morph that I made. It's nothing major, it just raises that little dip in the shoulder area a little bit.

edited December 1969

You're welcome. Sometimes "reality" in "3d" is an illusion. Most of the ST pins and badges are all or mostly pieces of hard metal, sometimes attached to a ribbon. Don't recall anybody ever morphing a shirt to hold them. ;-)

To do what you want to do, the only way I'm aware of is via D/S3 and Hexagon, and a free script that might still be available [behind a signup page atm].

In D/S4 ... Bejaymac is the expert ... and going by her reply, you'll need to be making your own shirts if you want to morph them in D/S4.

edited December 1969

Well here's something interesting I stumbled across . . . when I made the morph and attempted to save it, it created a shape file but it doesn't seem to apply to anything. Is this a step closer to something or is it irrelevant?