MECH Enforcer Now Active (Commercial)

StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,165
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

hey guys..new model released!

http://www.daz3d.com/mech-2012-enforcer

Buy the MECH today and get..

30% off all Stonemason products (Excluding products newer than 60 days)
50% off any of the 4 Urban Futures (Excluding the bundled Urban Futures)
60% off DAZ Original Sci-Fi content

*Mech Enforcer 2012 must be included in purchase for discounts to apply

MECH 2012 Enforcer is a versatile, richly detailed, stand-alone figure. Featuring auto adjusting pistons, hi-res textures, with twin shoulder cannons, Gatling gun and even a concealed missile launcher

Popup05.jpg
1300 x 679 - 281K
Main.jpg
692 x 900 - 193K
Popup03.jpg
692 x 900 - 252K
Popup02.jpg
692 x 900 - 310K
Popup01.jpg
692 x 900 - 249K

Comments

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Looks awesome, man! So the deal is for today only? (i.e. expiring in 7-ish hours?)

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,165
    edited December 1969

as far as I know the deal lasts as long as the intro period,which is two weeks.

Cheers
    Stefan

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ooh, nice! Can't buy it just yet, but this is definitely going into my wishlist for later.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

this thing is just dripping in awesome sauce!!!

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,551
    edited December 1969

Been looking forward to this for a while. Nice.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

i am glad to see this badboy peak its head out finally, and made a beeline to the store the minute I got the ebot saying it was available. Now that I have had a chance to play with it, I am impressed with the level of detail and the optional lighting is a great touch. I do have one question though, I notice the upper guns can elevate and traverse but I have been able to get the lower Gatling gun and blaster to elevate but not traverse, am I missing a dial or do these guns only move in one direction?

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

It appears the lower weapons only have up/down independent movement - side to side requires swivel with the mech head

a couple of scene tests -

Wish you were here (fun in the sun)... and Wish I wasn't here (mechs feel the cold too!)

Sentry_Duty_2r.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 551K
    Sentry_Duty_1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 518K
    edited December 1969

Nice images Jabba, Unfortunately I was hoping that I missed a dial somewhere for the lower arms. Kind of limits their usefulness but I guess with the upper guns able to traverse separately of the head helps.

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Great ! Impressive fellow, full of beauty. Many congratulations and just a little question only:

Is it rigged like humans, i.e. can walking aniblocks be applied? Thanks.

Again earthshaking bravos, and my best wishes to you for the new yrdeagrb.

edited December 1969

this thing is wicked kool!!!

Mech-Patrol.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 324K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

He's back, great image LX...no really loving this one dude.

edited December 1969

thanx, it all fell together really quickly. All the items rendered are Stonemason products. All the post work was done in HitFilm

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited January 2013

Be Different!

Set up and rendered in Vue 11 Infinite.

Ciao
    TD

Be-Different.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 444K
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

thd777 said:
    Be Different!

Ciao
    TD

Sweet...yeah be different. That one is in touch with its inner child.
    edited December 1969

thd777 said:
    Be Different!

Ciao
    TD

my girlfriend will love that pic,everytime we go out she takes her bubbles with her,it's terribly embarassing after a few tequilas when she breaks out the bubbles,lol

edited January 2013

Great ! Impressive fellow, full of beauty. Many congratulations and just a little question only:

Is it rigged like humans, i.e. can walking aniblocks be applied? Thanks.

Again earthshaking bravos, and my best wishes to you for the new yrdeagrb.

No,I didnt think it would work very well,given the overall design.

there was a pa who PM'd me on the old site about making specific aniblocks for it..but sadly i forgot who it was and can no longer see those PM's,this was early last year

Post edited by Stonemason on
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

surrender or..die!

robot_0001.jpg
    714 x 1000 - 341K
  • dee_dubdee_dub Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I went to purchase the MECH 2012 Enforcer with the Urban Future 4 :Street Level and thought the Urban Future 4 would still be 50%. Is the sale still going? When I go to Stonemason's page it still states 30 - 60% off. I just assumed that the Urban Future Environments were still 50% off. I'm I mistaking.

thanks for your time :)

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Love this Mech!

2013-01-22_Mech_Bot_web.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 539K
    2013-01-18_Sitting_at_Mech_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 397K
    2013-01-16_Mech_v2_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 465K
  • HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

dee_dub said:
    I went to purchase the MECH 2012 Enforcer with the Urban Future 4 :Street Level and thought the Urban Future 4 would still be 50%. Is the sale still going? When I go to Stonemason's page it still states 30 - 60% off. I just assumed that the Urban Future Environments were still 50% off. I'm I mistaking.

I was wondering that myself.
    It's still advertised on the shop home page slider ads, but no 60% discount is applied to any DO Sci-Fi products over 60 days old.

eg. (with PC discount included) -
    Mech $24.47 +
    Superhero Pro Bundle ($370.97) - $148.38 (60% mech discount), plus extra 30% discount using coupon = $103.87
    (should) total = $128.34

Yet another case of DAZ not telling us when a sale ends, but still advertising the sale after the fact.

edited December 1969

KJA79A said:
    dee_dub said:

I was wondering that myself.
    It's still advertised on the shop home page slider ads, but no 60% discount is applied to any DO Sci-Fi products over 60 days old.

eg. (with PC discount included) -
    Mech $24.47 +
    Superhero Pro Bundle ($370.97) - $148.38 (60% mech discount), plus extra 30% discount using coupon = $103.87
    (should) total = $128.34

Yet another case of DAZ not telling us when a sale ends, but still advertising the sale after the fact.

sorry guys..that deal was only for the week..if you still want the previous deal you should be able to contact customer support to get it.
    The Mech though is still available for the next week at 30% off..

thanks
    Stefan

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

Great product Stonemason, thank you very much. :D

SandMech-WAR-Ready_Sml.jpg
    1500 x 675 - 302K
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited January 2013

These have to be some of the best user submitted render sets on a product yet. Every one is great :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Not my animation (yeah, like I could only dream of doing something like this!), but check this out (clip does contain violence)...

http://youtu.be/bcuvd1SGwnA

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,384
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Not my animation (yeah, like I could only dream of doing something like this!), but check this out (clip does contain violence)...

http://youtu.be/bcuvd1SGwnA

The video looked very professional. I checked out some of the links, The animator of the video above, MacMave uses plenty of DAZ content in his projects. another example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyEwZtJKI3g&list=UUR_BZ55IiaSYeL85me45nMg

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The third render in the original post (showing the three clay renders) shows the mech leaning to one side or the other. However, I am unable to replicate this in Studio. The only rotations on the legs is forward/back bend. (And you can pivot the legs out only at the topmost bone). Even if you show hidden properties, there is no side-to-side rotation linked up that would be necessary to have the mech leaning to one side or the other.

Also, the blaster and Gatling gun attachments have only up-down bends, no pivot rotation so that it can aim out to the left or right. There is a piston bone in both of these attachments that shows no parameters at all in Studio.

Is the mech supposed to be this way? Or is this a case of Studio not handling some Poser stuff correctly?

Thanks.

edited December 1969

It doesn't do it in Poser either I am afraid to say. I was looking forward to this mech when it came out and I was very disappointed once I started using it.

edited March 2013

The tilt options are not in the legs, but the body... With the "torso" bone highlighted, it reveals the side-to-side tilt for upper body of mech, or "torsoJoint" for front-to-back tilt. (There's an additional front/back bend on the "head" bone also.)

It is true that the Gatling and blaster guns only have elevation adjustments, but that's just how the mech was designed, as there are no joints that would justify lateral movement.

I didn't realise this either before I bought it, but I just pretend the power of the recoil when firing the heavy guns would be too punishing for a multi-jointed coupling to handle etc etc. (using same "pretend logic"... maybe legs designed so joints remain aligned for maximum support in order to make it a stable gun platform).

Post edited by Jabba on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2013

Jabba101 said:
    The tilt options are not in the legs, but the body... With the "torso" bone highlighted, it reveals the side-to-side tilt for upper body of mech, or "torsoJoint" for front-to-back tilt. (There's an additional front/back bend on the "head" bone also.)

This doesn't allow the bot to lean, though. It lets the upper body move side to side, but not the legs. You can't have the bot standing on an incline as it is right now, since not even the feed have side-to-side movement to account for the ground being at an angle. The look I was after was actually on a flat surface, but the bot leaning to its left like it was about to take off running to the left. It can't be done with no side-to-side rotation in the legs.
    Post edited by cwichura on
    edited December 1969

True, but you're talking about something that isn't shown in any of the promo renders.
    You referenced the "clay model" render - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=508&aid=44897_FJpkYeDdYooLCTc5Rnof&board_id=1

cwichura said:
    The third render in the original post (showing the three clay renders) shows the mech leaning to one side or the other. However, I am unable to replicate this in Studio...

Maybe just wishful thinking I'm afraid, as all the "leaning" comes from camera angle and tilt on the body - both legs are firmly planted on the ground parallel to each other.
    At the end of the day, it's not my product, I was simply offering an explanation on the basis of the image that had been referenced.