Has this happened to anyone

TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I went to delete some objects I made and the other objects always move up and fill in the blank places but this time they did not and I cant load anything into the blank white spaces......any ideas???? Thanks in advance Trish

objects_box.jpg
722 x 440 - 190K

Comments

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited January 2013

i get blank(white) images on an entire subcategory lots of times in objects or materials but i don't know right now how does it happens , however to get back the thumbnails (icons) just change the subcategory then come back to your previous category .
    If you have random missing icons and doesn't revert even after you change subcategory then you might have a bugged or 2 files if the objects doesnt load in to your scene and you can't Delete the missing object then :
    I suggest you to create a temporary folder , export your good objects from that subcategory 1 by 1 as obp files (or .mat files if Materials or .bsk if Skies) there, delete the old objects from that subcategory and the subcategory name with the "-" (minus) , create a new one and import them back one by one again , before its not to late.
    Maybe i'm wrong ,wait for more replies/suggestions.

I found a nasty bug on saving skies with hdr, any saved sky .bsk having 100mb instead of ~ 100kb, David Brinnen told me that Bryce accepts only 2GB content on a subcategory(file) but i didnt reached 2gb on a subcategory file .Maybe your subcategory reached 2gb ?

Also DAZ Studio 3 had a major crash bug related to organizing content ,so organizing content in daz softwares seems not so perfect :D

Post edited by cris333 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,138
    edited December 1969

Any library file can only have 2 GB. The rather nasty thing is deleting from the library doesn't actually delete the preset, it is only set to not show again.

Two possibilities: (1) Create a new category, clicking on the +, then go back to the previous one, select an item, and add it to the new category. Once you're done, delete the old one.

(2) Export all presets you want to keep, create a new category and import them in the sequence you want them appear. Finally, delete the old one.

What you see and cris333 explains as being another category I have never seen but it may be a bug.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Ok thankyou lucky for me I had saved much of my obj since the old computer died. I was putting them in to look at them and label them with a screen shot. I have way too many to put them all in but I was finding dupes and deleting them when this happened.

• cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

In past versions I know Bryce tended to get a little wonky if you messed with the libraries much (adding, deleting, etc.) - Is this still the case?

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited January 2013

I have never had this happen with Bryce5 or 6 ...I fixed it though I just went in the back way pulled out everything I didnt need in there and made new catagories for my stuff....Like those 2 catagories for trees I just moved them all to one..That leaves me more space.

Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,138
    edited December 1969

In past versions I know Bryce tended to get a little wonky if you messed with the libraries much (adding, deleting, etc.) - Is this still the case?

It might well be. Nothing fundamental has been changed. There are now 10 instead of 6 thumbnail columns and you can create new categories by clicking on the +. In versions before 6, you had to create them using the explorer. And the sky library has now also categories. The handling of the data within the library hasn't been changed.