Coming soon: How to Create New Characters with Facegen : Complete Guide [Commercial]

Easy Character Creation with Facegen

Interested in learning how to easily create new characters for DAZ Studio, having complete control over age, gender and race?

Join us in our latest live webinar class to be broadcast on March 11th, with the recording being released into the DAZ store shortly afterwards. All those who register for the webinar class will receive the HD webinar recording as part of the registration package.

Learn the complete workflow of how to create a new character head mesh for DAZ Studio. With the use of FaceGen software, you can create a 3D face and head. You can do this from a photograph or from scratch, with the choice of selecting 150 attributes. Including age, race and gender.

We show you how to go even further. We reveal how to adapt and perfect the texturing and bring in the new character’s face to integrate with the character’s body. To complete the journey, we demonstrate how to make the new textures work in Iray.

Register Now

Recommended software knowledge. Basic to moderate knowledge of DAZ Studio, Photoshop and ZBrush/ZBrush Core.

Date and time: 11th March 22:00 GMT (London) /17:00 EST (New York)/ 14:00 PST (Los Angeles)

1. How to generate a mesh from photos or from renders of digital sculpts.
2. Step by step adjustment of the auto-generated face with Facegen’s shaping controls.
3. How to Export from Facegen to either a Genesis 1,2, or 3 morph.
4. How to use, adapt and improve the texturing starting with Facegen and adding finesse with Photoshop.

a. Adjusting with Facegen’s own texturing controls.
b. Exporting textures from Facegen – where are my files?!
c. Blending the Facegen textures in Photoshop with existing UV maps.
d. Bring in additional details from photo textures.
e. Face and body texture integration. How to adjust the character’s body tones to match.
f. Building custom bump and spec maps in photoshop and x-normal.

5. Iray – make the new textures work with an Iray shader.
6. Improving the face in Zbrush or Zbrush core and improving the Facegen generated morphs. How to create pleasing variations for iterative design.

Facegen face mesh examples

About the presenter : John Haverkamp

Webinar presenter : John Haverkamp

John Haverkamp was born in Ohio and then moved to the pristine Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia at a young age. There he spent a semi-isolated childhood re-enacting the Lord of the Rings and being corrupted by Dungeons and Dragons. Always with the fondness for the fantastical and medieval, Art school drove him deeper into Luddite territory by granting him the skills of a traditional metal-smith. This meant post-college jobs making copper fountains, welding and steel fabricating, casting and finishing bronze sculptures, and working for an architectural blacksmith throughout his twenties.

Digitally, John got sucked into cyberspace and the arcane mysteries of 3D studio max. The perfect software match for John was ZBrush discovered six years ago. Now he teaches digital arts part time, and constantly endeavours to improve his craft as a digital-sculptor and visualizer through personal work, illustration and indie game projects.

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2017

Yes! That sounds fantastic. Just purchased the program and haven't dug into it yet. Excited to see this as a webinar and future tutorial!

PS The one on graphic novels and visual storytelling also looks very good. Have you started a thread for that one yet?

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Uhm is this paid?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Yes, click on the register now button and you'll see the price.

• Llynara said:

Yes! That sounds fantastic. Just purchased the program and haven't dug into it yet. Excited to see this as a webinar and future tutorial!

PS The one on graphic novels and visual storytelling also looks very good. Have you started a thread for that one yet?

Thanks for your interest! I'm starting a thread for the Visual Storytelling webinar set later today.

• magbhitumagbhitu Posts: 11

Hello All. This John Haverkamp, I wanted to share a render I just did of a face I just exported from facegen. Instead of building the face from a real photo I used renders of a female face study I did in zbrush. Facegen is becoming my new favorite tool for building unique characters in Daz - hope to see in the class - cheers!

olivia4web1.jpg
    831 x 1080 - 320K
  • magbhitumagbhitu Posts: 11
    edited March 2017

**sorry for the double post**
    Hello all. I just wanted to share a rendering of a character I've just built for the the upcoming class. The ease of this workflow is mindboggling ;)  

-cheers

John Haverkamp

olivia4web1.jpg
    831 x 1080 - 320K
    Post edited by magbhitu on
  • Are there any plans for a Mac version of Face Gen?

• I missed this one.  sad  Will this be offerd for sale as a recording like some of your other webinars?

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

looking 4wd to it

• Are there any plans for a Mac version of Face Gen?

You could approach the developer of FaceGen directly to ask this question here:-

https://facegen.com/contact.htm

• rorronlinerorronline Posts: 12

Is there any plans of facegen working with Genesis 9?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited June 2023

rorronline said:

Is there any plans of facegen working with Genesis 9?

You would need to contact the developer of the actual product for that https://facegen.com/contact.htm

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on