File Does Not Exist Error Bubble

TwistedBeautyTwistedBeauty Posts: 21

A few days ago, I started getting this strange 'File Does not Exist' Error bubble. It first came up when I loaded the Scene Pane. It said that the starting figure couldn't be loaded because the file didn't exist. So I loaded a Genesis 2 Female and chose the Catrina figure to load onto her. But then I got something else that was quite disturbing. When I double clicked the Catrina head, a bubble came up asking me did I want to save my content before I closed. The first time I clicked no, the second time I clicked yes. However, both times when I tried to put the Catrina head onto the Genesis 2 Female, I got the same 'File does not exist' error bubble.

One other thing, I did try uninstalling and reinstalling to avail.

Below are my screen shots. If anyone can help and or explain this to me, it'd be GREATLY appreciated.

(Images removed for nudity.  Please review the guidelines: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest . ~Mod)

Still doesn't exist.JPG
1366 x 768 - 95K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• Please post a screenshot showing the current folders in the Content Directory Manager dilaogue, which can be opened from the Content Library tab of Edit>Preferences. Are the base content (the various Starter Essentials) and the character you are using installed? If so, how did you install? Is the Content Management System working - do you have entries in the Smart Content pane, and under Categories and Products in the Content Library pane?

• EtheralEtheral Posts: 91
    edited March 2017

Does the file exist, though? C:/Users/Alice/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf

Maybe you moved it or renamed some folder.

Post edited by Etheral on
  • See, I don't know IF the file exists! Because I don't know what the files would under or what they look like. This is the most recent screen shot that I took. I went under Edt<Preference<Browse....Now look, it says My Library File not found!

So, two questions. 1- What am i looking for in order to find the files? 2- If the files are gone, how do I get  them back?

My Library File Not Found.JPG
    1366 x 766 - 117K
  • My Library would be folder, not a file. By default it would be in the folder your screenshot shows.