Problems with Display Genesis in DS Vers 4.5.1.56 and also problems with Reality 2.5

ADAD Posts: 396
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,
I've some problems with the latest DAZ Studio Update. Since my last update DAZ Studio 64-bit (version 4.5.1.56) and the files Genesis Starter Essentials (version 1.11_trx) and 3DBridge (version 1.2.1.56), Decimator (version 1.3.1.56) and GoZ (version 1.2.1.56) I have problems with the view of DAZ Studio and plugins.
Although I have also installed Reality 2.5 for DAZ 64 and Lux Render Open GL for 64-bit new to me this plugin is in the DAZ given update as "Failed", you also have other 2 mentioned plugins listed as "failed", which I do not can match.
Additionally me Genesis is displayed with broken polys.
Also, can I save DAZ scenes just as DSON user files and no longer as pure DAZ files. Is this been changed in general?
This is all just since the above update.
I have already tried to reset the database and DAZ Studio to completely reinstall, but that has brought no success. How can I fix this? Perhaps somebody can help?

Display_Broken_Genesis.jpg
1922 x 1080 - 184K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Ok...first, the poly issue...what video card do you have?

• ADAD Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

My video card is NVidia Quadro FX 5600.

edited December 1969

Conny1000 said:
    My video card is NVidia Quadro FX 5600.

Looking at the pic, I thought you had a Quadro, it's a known issue and very driver dependent.

Update the drivers...the latest version should fix the broken polys.

edited December 1969

Hello mjc1016,
    thank you for your answer, but the newest driver for this card (version: 9.18.13.697) is installed. And the DAZ Studio version before (also Pro 4.5) worked without any problems with this card and driver.
    Perhaps you have another idea for this problem?

edited December 1969

I just checked Nvidia's site and the latest driver for that card is two weeks ago...that's the driver from late October/early November...when the broken poly problem first started popping up.

edited December 1969

Hello mjc1016, that was the reason for the broken polys. I've taken the newest driver (from 05.01.2013) and now it is all ok with the Genesis. Thank you!
    The next point of the plugins: I've also new installed Reality 2.5 (I think FreeImage is a part of Reality) but this plugin is shown as failed. And what is with the other plugins which are failed?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Conny1000 said:
    Hello mjc1016, that was the reason for the broken polys. I've taken the newest driver (from 05.01.2013) and now it is all ok with the Genesis. Thank you!
    The next point of the plugins: I've also new installed Reality 2.5 (I think FreeImage is a part of Reality) but this plugin is shown as failed. And what is with the other plugins which are failed?

Don't worry about the failure of Freeimage - it is not used and does not affect anything.
    edited December 1969

The one is for the dynamic clothing...and I'm not sure if that one is the 'basic' plugin or the paid one. If it's the paid one, then it may need to be updated.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

There are a few other threads on this problem. The latest one may be useful to you. Two solutions proposed, only one of which I've tried, which is to revert to an old driver set from the NVIDIA archive. The other involved changing settings in DAZ (see link). I also have this problem in Blender, and I understand that settings can be changed in that too. I haven't tested this as I seem to be fine with the older drivers I'm using.

The problem arose last year, but I'm not sure when as I haven't tried all the drivers. It happened to me with a Windows update of drivers which were dated October 2012, but I think it occurred before that.

edited January 2013

Thank you all for your help!
    @ mjc1016, no I didn't buy dynamic clothing (only for DAZ Studio 3), and I'm also not sure, if this plugin is basic for the pro version or not.
    @Hiro Protagonist, thank you for your link, but I tried this steps before (I had opened this thread).
    I used for updating my NVidia Quadro FX 5600 card the following file: Quadro/Tesla Desktop Driver Release, 310.90 WHQL from 2013.01.05

Post edited by AD on
    edited December 1969

Conny1000 said:

@Hiro Protagonist, thank you for your link, but I tried this steps before (I had opened this thread).
    I used for updating my NVidia Quadro FX 5600 card the following file: Quadro/Tesla Desktop Driver Release, 310.90 WHQL from 2013.01.05

I'm sorry to hear that changing the DAZ settings does not work. I reverted to 276.42 from December 2011 which does not have this problem. I believe this works with your card.
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your help, with my driver update to 310.90 WHQL Genesis works perfect. Only 3 plugins are failed. Freeimage isn't used, Dynamic Clothing seams to be a paid plugin and the other, I don't know for what this is.
    Thanks a lot to all for your help.

edited December 1969

So is your Reality plugin not working? Have you tried asking at the Pret-a-3D forum?