Look At My Hair Learning Curve?

melaniemelanie Posts: 776
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I bought this product and I'm at a loss how it works. I read the documentation, but I'm just not getting it. I'm sure it's a lot easier than I think, but I'm just not grasping it. There must be more in there than I'm aware of. It seems a bit daunting. Any suggestions?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Check in this Thread for hints and tips from the users and the makers of LAMH.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14818/

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

But do expect a steepish learning curve, then you wont be disappointed. :)

• melaniemelanie Posts: 776
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the responses. I'll check the links you've mentioned.

• WADE_d024e271cfWADE_d024e271cf Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

This is not showing up in Daz studio at all! It is installed via default to Programs/daz4 and it is physically there but not in the program when you load it up. What the H*** ? $50.00 for what? Not listed in the plugins at all, no window for it so how the H*** do you use it?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,154
    edited December 1969

I did most of my projects by trial and error and bothering the hell out of Alex! lol

One tip I can give you. When moving the strands make sure you use a slightly broad mouse stroke. If you try to do it in little increments you end up with ugly kinks all over the hair.

Another tip is to zoom way in in order to pull kinks out of the hair. Use the Space bar to bring up the brush resize. Make it small. If another hair is TOUCHED by the edge of the brush it will pull on that hair too.

It takes time to learn this stuff. Luckily I had this past week off from work so I got down to brass tacks and asked Alex allot of questions and got the hang of it . Keep in mind there is a huge 1.1 update coming . Alex made it clear that things were going to be allot more intuitive.

The LongFlow hair was really a test for me but I got it looking pretty good.... There is a bit around the front hairline that I can't figure out since the hairs are all long there and pushed back.

LongFlow.jpg
    997 x 1068 - 652K
  • melaniemelanie Posts: 776
    edited December 1969

I found it okay, it's in the Create menu, where you create lights and cameras, down at the bottom of the menu, but I just haven't been able to figure out how it works. When I have more time on the weekend, I'll check out the tutorials on-line.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

wjamband said:
    This is not showing up in Daz studio at all! It is installed via default to Programs/daz4 and it is physically there but not in the program when you load it up. What the H*** ? $50.00 for what? Not listed in the plugins at all, no window for it so how the H*** do you use it?

Look at my hair is in the "Create" menu.

Kendall

edited December 1969

OK this is far more trouble than it is worth. I found the Look at my hair int he Create menu thanks for that, however when I place the serial number that DAZ gave me it now ask for an Instal code before it will activate. WHAT install code? Where is that at?

edited December 1969

Never mind I got it to work . Daz Serial number is the instalation code. They really could have just said that. Instead of calling it a serial number, Anyway will play with it tomorrow see how it stacks up to other hair enginse like C4d and Maya.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

wjamband said:
    Never mind I got it to work . Daz Serial number is the instalation code. They really could have just said that. Instead of calling it a serial number, Anyway will play with it tomorrow see how it stacks up to other hair enginse like C4d and Maya.

LAMH does not have the dynamics of those big boys, yet. But LAMH also doesn't have their price tag. :-)

LAMH is rapidly evolving based on customer input.

Kendall