so many content folders is this the norm?

SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
edited January 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have installed all of my content into the mylibrary folder each time but i have noticed there are several content folders and runtimes. The folder tree is very confusing. If I merge the content folders into one like i would like to do will this cause problems inside studio with loading my content? I'm using the latest version of ds.

What I am seeing is more than one folder labled 'content'

Post edited by Samanthie on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Seeing in Explorer/Finder or in DS?

Can you post a screenshot of the My Library folder, from your operating system's file manager?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Samanthie said:
    I have installed all of my content into the mylibrary folder each time but i have noticed there are several content folders and runtimes. The folder tree is very confusing. If I merge the content folders into one like i would like to do will this cause problems inside studio with loading my content? I'm using the latest version of ds.

What I am seeing is more than one folder labled 'content'

If you are using the My Library folder, then you shouldn't have a Content folder at all. When using DS3, the folder was called 'Content', that was changed to 'My Library' for DS4, so you should not have a folder called content inside a folder called My Library, since they both mean the same thing. You should really move all of the folders inside 'Content' directly into My Library (up one level)

You should also never have nested runtime folders, this can be caused by giving the installer the wrong path. The install path for any content, DAZ Studio or Poser, should end with the My Library folder, and NOT any sub-folder of it. In other words, you should NOT install Poser content into My Library/Runtime, but just into the My Library folder itself, the installer will then put everything into the correct folders.

When installing anything, make sure that the path the installer uses ends with the My Library folder. When installing content from ZIP files, if there is a folder called 'Content' then, place the contents of that folder drectly into the My Library folder.

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited January 2013

Thank you for the reply Jimmy, will try to clean up my folder tree now. Thought I had been very careful with all installations ending in mylibrary as path but evidently something went wrong. I really appreciate the info. :)

Just finished and what a difference! Again thank you Jimmy! No need to post a screenshot now mjc1016 but thanks just the same. :)

Post edited by Samanthie on