Problem with V3 Harem Pants

GeneRufusGeneRufus Posts: 0

I just purchased the V3 Harem Dancer outfit, and I've got a weird problem with one of the meshes. The only way to describe it is that two vertices on the inner legs have been joined somehow. At first, I thought it was a problem with Autofit (I'd been using it on Genesis), but it really is the mesh that's the problem.

Attached is a picture of the pants on a V3 and on Genesis, showing what I'm talking about.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fix in Hexagon or something, but I'd rather see if i have other options first.

!dancerproblemsmall.jpg
500 x 373 - 36K

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Actually you might be able to fix that using the joint editor tool in D/S. Looks like a fall-off issue.

• GeneRufusGeneRufus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Actually you might be able to fix that using the joint editor tool in D/S. Looks like a fall-off issue.

Looks like you might be right, but I haven't got the slightest clue how to do it.

!DancerProp2.jpg
    977 x 732 - 124K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,154
    edited December 1969

Try scaling the Static sphere down a touch on the x axis.

edited December 1969

Try scaling the Static sphere down a touch on the x axis.

Doesn't seem to have any effect. I wound up just playing with dials, and I can't get that one little red spike to change no matter what I do. I'm kinda confused about why this is happening in the first place. I'm assuming other folks who downloaded this item didn't have this issue.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

There's usually some 'very narrow lines' for bend and for side to side that can be adjusted slighted to see if that will fix it.
    Do not move the endpoints or the item will not fit V3.
    If you do succeed in fixing it, make sure it is the chosen item, 'export' out a new .cr2 for yourself [must be put in the character/figure folder] under a new name so that it doesn't overwrite the purchased one.

This is a very old file as V3 predates V4. The programs D/S2 and 3 were more the ones for handling it. Vast improvements have been achieved in a short time in the 3d world. If it truly won't work for you, you do have 10 or 30 days to request a refund and delete it from your system. [yes folks, read those agreements ... don't recall now for which, but I saw 10 days, not 30]

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,154
    edited December 1969

Having had a look at this set, it's a welding error - probably when the mesh is converted to a single-skin mesh: the vertex that's being left behind is bang on top of a vertex on the right leg and they are being welded together. if I export the pants as OBJ and open in modo I can confirm that that has happened. In the short term if you have a modeller (Hexagon would do) you could fix this by moving the vertex on either leg slightly so that that they no longer coincided, but it may be that DS needs to check it isn't creating invalid linkages when importing an OBJ for a Poser figure..

edited December 1969

Moving the problem vertices seems to have done the trick. Thanks.