Textures getting messedup

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

My chars textures gets messedup after using tranfer utility of genesis.
Any1 knows how to fix this

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What textures are you using, and on what character? What version of DAZ Studio?

Can you post a screenshot of what your poblem looks like?

• edited December 1969

Before and after transfer utility

zx2.JPG
    612 x 818 - 46K
    zx1.JPG
    697 x 793 - 46K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

What are you using the Transfer Utility for? What settings are you using?

• edited December 1969

I am using transfer utility to rig char and transfer morphs

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

What does it say under Surfaces->UV Set, before and after you use the Transfer Utility?

• edited December 1969

Before transfer utility there is nothing after transfer utility. it says default UV

edited December 1969

I'm not sure why it's doing that, but I suspect you may not be using the right tool anyway - the Transfer utility s for transferring rigging and weights from a figure to an item designed to be fitted to the figure, I suspect you are using Genesis as the source for a figure with a different zero-position and therefore it isn't going to give useful results anyway.

• edited December 1969

Hi can you tell me any other way to transfer rigging and weights

edited December 1969

Transferring makes sense only if you have a suitable donor - a figure with the same zero pose that you want to bend in much the same way. If not, assuming the clothed woman in your screenshots is the whole figure, then you really need to rig from scratch - use the Figure Setup pane to create the bone hierarchy, and to assign the mesh to the figure, then create it and use the Joint editor, Polygon Selection and Weight painting tools to edit it.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Transfer Utility is correct for transfering rigging but your problem here is UV map. It sounds like you'll have to either find a texture converter or redo the UV.