Fed up with customer service

RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Not all but a few items I purchased have had problem (missing texture files, does not download completely, etc). And when I contact CS and get instructions from them, most often the problem still remains.

It's geting to the point where I don't want to purchase from here (DAZ).

Sorry to vent but it's frustrating.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,656
    edited January 2013

Sorry your having so many problems. With the missing textures they can be hidden in a folder somewhere. Look at the readme when you install and see where they install to. I haven't had any problems downloading packs.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
    edited January 2013

Frank0314 said:
    Sorry your having so many problems. With the missing textures they can be hidden in a folder somewhere. Look at the readme when you install and see where they install to. I haven't had any problems downloading packs.

Most recently I discovered that the "black widow" textures/trans/bumps, etc were missing-not in any folder.
    Also the movie maker stopped download with an error message-"unable to continue download. . ."

I proposed instead a refund that an exchange for one or two items equalling the same amount. That way both parties would be happy.
    But received no reply on that. In their defense, it has only been a couple days.

Post edited by RPGMaker247 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,656
    edited December 1969

I'm sure you'll be hearing something from them soon

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,883
    edited December 1969

Imposer12 said:
    Frank0314 said:

Most recently I discovered that the "black widow" textures/trans/bumps, etc were missing-not in any folder.
    Also the movie maker stopped download with an error message-"unable to continue download. . ."

I proposed instead a refund that an exchange for one or two items equalling the same amount. That way both parties would be happy.
    But received no reply on that. In their defense, it has only been a couple days.

DAZ is not open wekends so if you submitted a ticket on friday they will get to it no earlier then monday.

When downloading purchases, I get no errors if I go through my account page. If I use the links in the email I usally have a few that will not complete.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Imposer12 said:
    Frank0314 said:

But received no reply on that. In their defense, it has only been a couple days.With regards to downloads, you can reset downloads any time you need to, so if you're having troubles with a particular file, you can try again. As I noted with previous downloads, my ISP was to blame for a lot of the failed downloads from the Daz website, and while I didn't get any errors with some other downloads, I have still been getting corrupted files in amongst zip files and the like.

As for missing files check and double check you're downloading all necessary content. Sometimes the 'poser' files are needed for Daz installs since part of it deals with the Daz interfacing, while the other part (the 'poser' part) contains things like the textures or even the geometry in some cases.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

On weekends self help is best approach. Restr assured if you are unhappy with your DAZ Store purchase, let Customer Support know. They are most considerate as I have had no problem obtaining a refund if you can not use the product you purchased. Including duplicate purchases. That said, with the "new" store - I too had lots of problems managing my purchases, downloads and library history. About 3 months ago I was introduced to the TZO DAZ Store tools... they made it SO MUCH BETTER. While it would be nice foir DAZ to add the same management features in thier site, its not a bad work around to use these external tools to manage your library. These utilities were made by a fellow user, and trhe latest versions work great on my Win7 64 system.,
    LINK HERE TO APPS: http://taosoft.dk/software/daztools/

Also I use a file management utility called P3dO Explorer (like a super tricked out windows explorer) that recognizes the various common 3D file extensions and provides windows to previews and see file associations and refrenced files. This helps me know whats in my runtime and 3d content archives. I think I purchased P3DO Explorer at Rendo, or direct.