Getting Dressed, Items and Poses

Everyone is either fully dressed or naked. What about something in-between?

(this is extreme, but you get the idea)

Maybe like a FaceGen, you grab the Diffuse Color? of you current wardrobe piece. Shirt or Pants and this product generates a mid-putting-on state of your item. So it'd be YOUR jeans in a wrapped around your legs version. Or the shirt being pulled over your head. Or the sweater wrapped around the forearms. If we grabbed some part of the regular clothing (a material, a texture  etc) it could fool the eyes that it was the same outfit in a wrinkled, balled up state.

And the poses companion would be getting dressed (Vol I) where the guy is buttoning his fly, the woman is pulling her pants up...tight jeans, maybe even on the bed struggling to put tight jeans on.lol

Pulling a shirt over the head. Unrilling sleeves etc...Straightening a tie. Fixing a hem...putting on stockings...

For everyday use and for sexy renders, I think this would be very popular.

HOW?

-- best of my 3-D understanding so far, hang on...You sell a pair of pants or shirt that is in a mid-dressed-state. It's basically generic colors. But if you have a way to apply additional textures or colors, it could look like whatever the character was going to be wearing when fully dressed.

------------------------

My other suggestion was full eating poses. Fork and knife, cutting food (steak). Or drinking- steins and mugs, glasses...that famous Leonardo DiCapri meme picture with the champaigne glass. Gulping like joyous THOR in a bar to demure sips of wine.

Comments

• Debbie911Debbie911 Posts: 96

I wish that earlier pose packs could be "transferred" to the Genesis 1-3 characters.  Victoria and Michael were able to eat and drink easily!  They even  had intoxication poses!

Debbie

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited March 2017

Bought this item. Don't know why EVERYTHING doesn't come like this. lol

http://www.daz3d.com/button-up-2-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

Although it's supposed to be a little freaky, put something on underneath, place her hands grabbing those flaps and Voila.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Some PAs do put specific "dynamic" morphs on to their clothing items. They do this by turning their clothing into a dynamic cloth in a program that supports this, such as Poser, then when the clothing has "draped" to a pose they like they export it as a morph and load it onto their clothing figure. (The actual work flow may be more complicated than I have described).

This is very nice but in DS we are always limited to the "dynamic" morphs that the PA has made. To get the dressing or undressing shapes you describe we would need either to use existing dynamic clothes designed for the Optitex system used by DAZ3d, or DAZ3d would have to make it possible to turn normal clothing items into dynamic cloth as is done in Poser. 

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Okay. Somebody ask Daz to add that in.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    avxp said:

Okay. Somebody ask Daz to add that in.

We have. Repeatedly. For several years. It does not appear that they are going to change dynamic cloth in Studio any time soon.

edited March 2017

Hi avxp, if you want the facility of being able to convert normal clothing to dynamic in DS (as many do) then the only thing I can suggest is to keep banging on the door. Let DAZ3d know what we, as clients, want. In the end any decision will be a commercial one. The more potential customers they percieve are interested then the more likely it will happen. But my fear is that Zylox is right.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

you can also use the transfer utilty to rig it to something that has the morphs needed and hide that but results may vary

• Some PAs do put specific "dynamic" morphs on to their clothing items. They do this by turning their clothing into a dynamic cloth in a program that supports this, such as Poser, then when the clothing has "draped" to a pose they like they export it as a morph and load it onto their clothing figure. (The actual work flow may be more complicated than I have described).

This is very nice but in DS we are always limited to the "dynamic" morphs that the PA has made. To get the dressing or undressing shapes you describe we would need either to use existing dynamic clothes designed for the Optitex system used by DAZ3d, or DAZ3d would have to make it possible to turn normal clothing items into dynamic cloth as is done in Poser. 

There are a lot of reasons you don't see very many dynamic items, and that DAZ may well be reluctant to add such support natively to DAZ Studio. Among them are  dealing with loss of detail (most venders use low resolution meshes and add details via displacement maps and normal maps) and numerous other things that might have an impact on how many items are available and at what price.

edited March 2017

Some PAs do put specific "dynamic" morphs on to their clothing items. They do this by turning their clothing into a dynamic cloth in a program that supports this, such as Poser, then when the clothing has "draped" to a pose they like they export it as a morph and load it onto their clothing figure. (The actual work flow may be more complicated than I have described).

There are a lot of reasons you don't see very many dynamic items, and that DAZ may well be reluctant to add such support natively to DAZ Studio. Among them are  dealing with loss of detail (most venders use low resolution meshes and add details via displacement maps and normal maps) and numerous other things that might have an impact on how many items are available and at what price.

Undoubtedly there are multiple factors at play, and I agree that there may be specific issues with turning certain items into cloth, like for example the item falling apart because the vendor did not weld seams together because it was not necessary for his/her item. However, when considering upgrading from a push-bike to a dune buggy there are also details to consider like it's more difficult to find parking space for a dune buggy. I doubt that the average person would give up his/her dream to have a dune buggy just because of such minor details. Should we give up our dream of being able to have a system for using our existing clothing libraries as dynamic clothing just because it won't necessarily work perfectly with every item?

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I would love to see something like this. Even with dforce sometimes draping certain clothing can be dificult.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,747

You could do that with marvelous designer. Then import the obj.