Control Panel Trouble

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited January 2013 in The Commons

For some reason the simplest of tasks in my Control Panel aren't complying. Whether I am trying to update my avatar or so much as even send a PM to someone, the second I chick to execute the action, I am met with instant error response.

For my avatar, I made thoroughly that the image I am trying to upload is exactly 100 x 100 pixels by 100 KB, however with every time i try to finalize the upload I am told that an error was encountered while attempting to assign my image.

As for sending privet messages, I am trying to inquire on a very recent purchase of Robo Geisha involving a male skin update that MAB himself told me he was planning on releasing after Hiro 5's launch. But every time I try to send the message, it adds a second version of his username and an error tells me that they're invalid.

Neither of these has ever been issues before, so why are they now? I've even tried this with every browser I have (IE, FireFox and Chrome) and it doesn't make a difference. And yes, I've even done the infamous cache dace and it didn't do anything either.

Untitled.png
1600 x 900 - 168K
uissvwxybxv97un[1].png
1600 x 900 - 168K
Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited January 2013

The avatar uiploader doesn't work at the moment, DAZ know about it.

The message says 'One or more of the screen name submitted were invalid'. You have two names inside angle brackets, that may be the problem. You could try sending me a PM to see if it is just that one that doesn't work.

EDIT:

I see that when you send a message, it puts the username in angle brackets. I looked up 'MAB', and it is listed as MAB (all caps), so no need for two usernames as recipient.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited January 2013

The avatar uiploader doesn't work at the moment, DAZ know about it.

The message says 'One or more of the screen name submitted were invalid'. You have two names inside angle brackets, that may be the problem. You could try sending me a PM to see if it is just that one that doesn't work.

I did that, but the second I try to send again, they both reappear.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Will try to get the PM bit sorted out

Avatars not being updated has been reported.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Will try to get the PM bit sorted out

Avatars not being updated has been reported.

Thanks! :)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK, if you try sending the PM to MAB again you should find it will work now.

edited December 1969

Thanks, chohole! Everything went through this time! :)

• Curved DesignCurved Design Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

My avatar and photo upload is not working either. How do I send a PM to MAB?

Thanks,

Marcus

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Thanks,

Marcus

PMs are working, it is just the avatar upload that is not. The OP wanted to send a PM to MAB who is a member hereon another matter.

The avatar issue is being dealt with and has nothing to do with MAB :)

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

I spoke to Kevin about this and he said that they're working to fix it, but he doesn't have an ETA on when they'll be done.

edited January 2013

chohole said:

Thanks,

Marcus

PMs are working, it is just the avatar upload that is not. The OP wanted to send a PM to MAB who is a member hereon another matter.

The avatar issue is being dealt with and has nothing to do with MAB :)
    Yeah, I was just inquiring on something because I purchased his Robo Geisha for Hitomi. If you look at the male model depicted in his Hairdresser Modular Hair, it's a male version of the human base material. When I inquired about it in a PM with MAB, he told me that it was something he was planning on releasing after Hiro 5's launch as an update for those who bought Robo Geisha, which was the main reason why I just now finally bought it. However, it turned out that he completely forgot about and just informed me that it will be out in just a few days! :)