Art Contests?

MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anybody know of any great art contests out there? I'm usually participating in the monthly challenges at dreamslayerartworks.com and there are always some pretty awesome prizes from the likes of FoRender, Xurge, Sparkyworld, Sequestrian, and a host of artists both here and over at RDNA.. This months theme for example is Altered Universe (which I love)..

But what about everybody else? Know of any other challenges out there that an artist can really sink their teeth into?

Comments

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Nobody has any?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

There's a regular contest over in the General Freepository: The Freebie Challenge. As the name implies, you have to use free items in your artwork, although you're also allowed to use a few paid items. (The full rules can be found here.)

There's a different theme (and a different thread) each month - this month's is "Dog and Pony Show." There's a different set of prizes each month, too, although they usually include some gift certificates along with the limited-edition models.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    There's a regular contest over in the General Freepository: The Freebie Challenge. As the name implies, you have to use free items in your artwork, although you're also allowed to use a few paid items. (The full rules can be found here.)

There's a different theme (and a different thread) each month - this month's is "Dog and Pony Show." There's a different set of prizes each month, too, although they usually include some gift certificates along with the limited-edition models.

Cool! Ever since they trashed the old message boards and replaced them my exploration here has been limited so I completely missed that.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Wow, Stonemason's contest looks awesome. 1st price is his whole catalog. That's like what, more than $1000?

edited December 1969

Wow! That one does look awesome! I got the name madmanmike with an obsessive attention to detail; Stonemason's models are perfectly matched to that old peculiarity..

edited December 1969

Well, I went to work on that Stonemason contest right away.. Here's my entry...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your also missing out on this one RRRR. Its fun and running right now.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

You beat me to it by two minutes, Jaderail! (I was preoccupied with copying the link to the thread!)
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Marieah's kitbashing contest looks like a lot of fun too...I'm planning to give it a try: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14967/

And there's the monthly New User Contest, of course, which I'm guessing may not be the best choice for you MadManMike, but I thought it was worth mentioning: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14447/ (and my understanding is, even if you're not new to 3D, you can still enter the contest if you're new to the specific program or discipline you'll be attempting)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Hey, that does look fun...

edited December 1969

Marieah's kitbashing contest looks like a lot of fun too...I'm planning to give it a try: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14967/

And there's the monthly New User Contest, of course, which I'm guessing may not be the best choice for you MadManMike, but I thought it was worth mentioning: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14447/ (and my understanding is, even if you're not new to 3D, you can still enter the contest if you're new to the specific program or discipline you'll be attempting)

lol, yeah, I think I qualify as older than dirt.. Been around here since the introduction of V3...

I thought about that kitbash contest, but it wasn't clear enough in the rules what kits were allowable.. I kitbash every day, with Davo's products (some of which I actually bought here when they were still in the store)...

edited December 1969

The last contest on the DAZ forums I participated in was a Dystopia one, and the contest got cancelled after the entry deadline... This was my entry then:

dystopia_land_and_load.jpg
    1191 x 670 - 188K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

there is the songbird contest http://www.empken.com/SongbirdReMix/contest.htm

edited December 1969

I always felt the songbirds were way overpriced.. If it weren't so high I'd probably have them, but I don't think I'd really have any interest in using them as the primary figure in an image..

That said, I loved the movie Big Year...

edited April 2014

Anybody know of any great art contests out there? I'm usually participating in the monthly challenges at dreamslayerartworks.com and there are always some pretty awesome prizes from the likes of FoRender, Xurge, Sparkyworld, Sequestrian, and a host of artists both here and over at RDNA.. This months theme for example is Altered Universe (which I love)..

But what about everybody else? Know of any other challenges out there that an artist can really sink their teeth into?

Hey guys, there are only nine entries in the contest I linked above and some awesome prizes...

First place
    Xurge ~ $50.00 GC
    Sixus 1 ~ Three Items of Choice
    $60.00 Voucher
    Prae One Item of Choice
    Angela3D ~ One Item of Choice
    Ilona/MadameL One Item of Choice
    Devineydesigns One Item of Choice
    ShifterBro's One Item of Choice

Second place
    $50.00 Voucher
    Xurge ~ $15.00 GC
    ChristineG ~ MilCat Cat Poses
    Jean-Luc_Arjarn One Item of Choice
    Sparkyworld One Item of Choice
    DreamlightStudios One of Three Items of Choice
    SickenlySweete One Item of Choice

Third place
    Xurge ~ $35.00 GC
    $20.00 Coupon
    Jepe One Item of Choice
    RenderCandy One Item of Choice
    Muted Banshee One Item of Choice
    Mstene One Item of Choice
    Countessa_Jay One Item of Choice
    Islandgirldesigns One Item of Choice (No Bundles, No Partnered Items)

Fourth Place
    Xurge ~ $25.00 GC
    $20.00 Coupon
    Richabri One Item of Choice
    Sequestrian One Item of Choice
    Rebelmommy One Item of Choice

Fifth Place
    Xurge ~ $15.00 GC
    $20.00 Coupon
    Midnight_Stories One Item of Choice DSV Store
    Gypsyangel One Item of Choice
    Draagonstorm One Item of Choice

There's still a couple of days left to get into this..

Post edited by Chohole on