fingers won't move

ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Not sure why this is happening but for some reason, I periodically end up with an M4 whose middle and ring figure will not move. THere are no locks on the figure morphs that I can see, but those two figures on each hand stop working. The only thing I can figure is that it seems to happen if I have used the "spawn morph" tool (the creator of which I don't recall) that creates a singular morph out of bunch of others. However, it only happens if I reload that figure into daz studio. That is, at first the hands move fine. Any ideas on why this happens or what I can do to fix it?

Oh, and I am using the last version of ds3

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

That sounds as if something is zeroing hidden morphs - there's one, in the Creature Morphs, that needs to be set to 1 (it gets the three-finger morph subtracted from it and then multiplies the rotation values for the fingers that get hidden by the morph, so that they don't break things when it's applied - by zeroing the hidden morph the rotations are always multiplied by zero, and so do nothing). You will probably find that the neck is locked too. Using Parameters pane option menu>Restore>Restore figure morphs should unlock things.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I got this when I using certain hand poses and full poses and then when I came to move the fingers serarately I found they wouldn't move at all or just a little. As Richard advised, I just select the body part and Zeroed the Selected (not sure of the phrasing as I can't get in the Daz Studio at all these days to check).

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441
    edited December 1969

That sounds as if something is zeroing hidden morphs - there's one, in the Creature Morphs, that needs to be set to 1 (it gets the three-finger morph subtracted from it and then multiplies the rotation values for the fingers that get hidden by the morph, so that they don't break things when it's applied - by zeroing the hidden morph the rotations are always multiplied by zero, and so do nothing). You will probably find that the neck is locked too. Using Parameters pane option menu>Restore>Restore figure morphs should unlock things.

Thanks. That did it, but then the spawned morph went to zero, but then I set it to 1 again and he looks right AND the fingers now move. Good to know.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Isn't there a script floating around to fix this?