Carrara 8.5 Pro (64 bit) Plant Primitive Animation export to fbx or collada format files?

Have any one successfully tried to export Plant Primitive animation to fbx or collada format?

Also whenever I convert plant primitive to Vertex object; it loses all the animations.

Please advise.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I have exported a few obj seconds along timeline and loaded them as morph targets, full detail mesh they a pretty big files though but with instancing in DAZ studio I must try it again sometime.

Need to be plant files full detail mesh exported as obj not converted 

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 322
    edited March 2017

Nice, I will try that. May be something good for a future plugin to automate this  process.

Thanks!

Post edited by Samuel S. on

Thanks

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Depending on what you're trying to achieve,.

it may be better for you to create a simple rendered sequence (with alpha channel) of the animated tree,.

Then apply that animation to a flat Plane (in any 3D program),. or to a Billboard (an X of two planes)  which allows your camera to move around without seeing that it's an image applied to a set of planes.

As Wendy mentions,. exporting trees or plants can create really HUGE files,. ... not a great idea.

Rendering an animation is simpler, and more efficient.

The same principle applies to other obejcts which cannot easily be exported/imported,. such as Clouds,. either render a single frame or an animation, then either composite or apply it to much simpler geometry.

Hope it helps

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

if its DAZ studio though a an animated texture plugin needed do they work with iray???

I do the animated billlboard thing a lot in other software as most do animated textures.

I just played with tree animations by adding bones and it looks okay too. Billboard is a good idea as well and it is being used a lot in real time game engines. As soon as character moves very close to tree at that time I will just replace the tree with my animated tree during game play. My other option is to use native trees provided by game engines which is okay too for realtime animations.

Thanks all!!!!