camera preset question

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have 16 custom cameras, each camera is locked on all parameters altough i can save the scene and keep these settings.

When I try to save the cameras as a preset all of the parameters are now NOT locked.

I wish to save the cameras as a preset but keep the parameters all locked as I wish to provide this as a option for users to load the camera preset with all of the cameras locked in place.

Can someone advise or help me with this please.

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

You can save the camera with Save As: Scene Subset and that will allow you to save everything in the scene, as is.

• edited December 1969

Hi wancow, you say "Scene Subset" I do not have this option.

I can save the entire scene which allows me to save everything in the scene including the cameras with the locks in place.

However I want to save a camera preset with the locks in place, I cannot do this!!

Is it possible to save a camera preset with all of the parameters LOCKED ?

Each time I try to save a camera preset with the parameters LOCKED and then load this all of the parameters are NOT LOCKED.

Maybe this is not possible, could anyone help please.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DAZ Studio are you using, Help > About DAZ Studio.

The reason I ask is, it works for me in DS 4.5.1.6, I save as a Camera Preset, select a new camera I have created, apply the preset, and it locks all of the Parameters.

• edited December 1969

Aah i think i know were I am going wrong, I am only saving a camera preset which in turn must be applied to a camera.

I though by saving a camera preset I also saved the cameras.

I also thought that by loading a camera preset i loaded the cameras with the preset of all of the parameters locked.

I may not need to save the camera preset at all.

By loading the saved scene you load all of the cameras and lights with all of the settings you need.

Thankyou for your help.

Could you please confirm I am thinking now correctly.

edited December 1969

Yes, the preset just changes the Parameters for a selected camera, and does not load one for you.

It can be very handy if you want to use a camera in a certain position every time you use it, and can save a bit of work in that respect.

edited December 1969

I have had the option to Save As: Scene Subset since V4.5.1.6, and I now have 4.5.1.56 and still have it. It's the second option on the Save As Pulldown.

And yes, it saves EVERYTHING you have checked, locked if it is locked. I just tested it. You can save an entire scene if you like. You can save a character with clothing applied. You can itemize what you want saved out of that scene and basically divide the scene up. When you call the file up again, it will load automatically as a preset addition to your current scene and not a separate scene unless you chose that option.

• edited December 1969

Here is my screenshot and I do not have the option to save Scene Subset.

Daz studio pro v 4.0.3.47 64 bit.

Mybe this option is not available anymore?

save_as.png
    426 x 412 - 11K
    edited December 1969

yes, in DS4.5 you have more options. If you can upgrade, DO! Autofit also works 100% better.

edited January 2013

Mybe this option is not available anymore?

It never was available in DS 4.0, only in DS 4.5. The latest release of DS 4.5 is 4.5.1.56, and it is available in the store, and it is still free.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

Thankyou so much I had not noticed my version was so outdated.

New version now instailed and running with no issues.

Thankyou for informing me of how the camera preset works.

Just one quick new question:

With instail of the new version lots of my smart content shows a little warning, mostly due to the updated clothes can I simply delete the old ones?

edited January 2013

Is it a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark?

If so, go to the Content Library pane, and in the drop down menu, select Content Database Maintenance. Then check the box as shown below. That should clear that up.

EDIT:
    I think it is now in the Smart Content drop down menu in the latest version.

Untitled-1.jpg
    472 x 434 - 110K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I think so... but I don't use Metadata or the Smart Content, so I'm not the right one to ask. That warning usually means the thing is no longer associated with a file...

If you did not do it already, I think it's also good to update your Genesis Starter Essentials which is part of the DAZ Studio 4.5 package.

One note on the Scene Subsets: I use those presets for just about everything I call up often. Lights, Cameras, Characters, everything. I've found it helps me out to keep parts of scenes intact. That said, if you use it for your own custom characters, I believe you are best served by creating a character preset (Save As: Character Preset) before saving a character into a Scen Subset.

• edited December 1969

Is it a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark?

If so, go to the Content Library pane, and in the drop down menu, select Content Database Maintenance. Then check the box as shown below. That should clear that up.

EDIT:
    I think it is now in the Smart Content drop down menu in the latest version.

yes it is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark.

I cannot find the option "select Content Database Maintenance", possibly this has been changed to the smart content.

were is the Smart Content drop down menu in the latest version?

updated my Genesis Starter Essentials, thanks for that tip.

I would very much like to clean up all of the old files that are in my smart content, but need help.

You both have been very patient and helpful

edited December 1969

were is the Smart Content drop down menu in the latest version?

I am using 4.5.1.6, but I believe in 4.5.1.56, it is in the Smart Content pane menu as shown below. If it is not there, then it must still be in the Content Library pane in the same place.

Untitled-1.jpg
    486 x 864 - 138K
  • edited December 1969

Thankyou both for all of the help

Issue resolved

closed