Fast Grab Price Change in 4hrs?

SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
edited January 2013 in New Users

I bought The All New Worldbase XT Lushlands for $20.97 and less than 4 hrs later it's $8.99. What the hell is going on? Can I get a refund and reorder it? I can understand that prices may change from day to day but not hour to hour. It's listed under the fast grab section. This hasn't happened before but if DAZ is going to change the fast grab prices from hour to hour then I'll never buy them again.

I bought it along with other products. Do I have to return all those too in order to get a refund or can DAZ just refund one item?

Post edited by Superdog on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited January 2013

Stuff happens all the time here like that. You can buy it at fast grab price and ask for return on the orignal order that is best way to go. There was a message in the forums from someone at daz that they can't give you the difference for PA's fast grab items, they can only refund the original order.

You should be able to have them just return one item, they've done it for me in the past.

Oh and its best to buy it at the fast grab price, they don't have to honor the old fast grab price if it expires.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited January 2013

Thanks, I've done what you suggested and asked for a refund of the original item purchase and bought it at the new lower price. I hope DAZ honour this. If the Fast Grab offers change every every day then fair enough but when the price drops for a Fast Grab so drastically less than 4 hrs after buying it then I think that's unfair.

Post edited by Superdog on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

Fast grab is what it say, something that you need to grab fast.

They didn't change the price on a whim, fast grabs are actually planned in advance. It was simply unfortunate that you had just purchased it. It does happen that way sometimes.

And as stated DAZ 3D has a no quibble money back guarantee. You will need to give them the two order numbers, the one for the normal order, and the one where you have re purchased at fast grab price, when you file the support ticket to the sales dept.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Fast grab is what it say, something that you need to grab fast.

They didn't change the price on a whim, fast grabs are actually planned in advance. It was just unfortunate that you had just purchased it.

And as stated DAZ 3D has a no quibble money back guarantee. You will need to give them the two order numbers, the one for the normal order, and the one where you have re purchased at fast grab price.

I bought the original order as a Fast Grab today and the price was 20% off and now it's 70% off 4hrs later so both orders were Fast Grab for the same product on the same day with the discount changing within 4hrs. That's what I don't understand. I've done as suggested so hopefully it'll all work out ok.

edited January 2013

I think your original purchase price was a fluke. Fast grabs are supposed to be 70% off always...

edit: I was wrong

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I think your original purchase price was a fluke. Fast grabs are supposed to be 70% off always...

Well, I saw two Fast grab items at 60% and one at 30% today...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,602
    edited January 2013

There's no set % you get off on them. Percentages are determined by DAZ and the PA's. It should change though so something is up. The first % should be the proper one

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

my bad

edited December 1969

Well, I saw two Fast grab items at 60% and one at 30% today...

Yes, it was priced at 30% not 20% and now it's changed to 70% in less than 4 hours which just seems bizarre. It's like a run on the stock exchange where share prices fluctuate very quickly.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Used to work the other way 'round. Starting closer to 70% off at first release in Fastgrab and then getting more expensive as time rolled on.

But times they are a-changing.