Metadata - 4.0 ... nm ... 4.0 doesn't like poses

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited January 2013 in New Users

nm ... I followed all the steps, several times ... this just doesn't work.

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

thank you, I really do appreciate that you dropped by ... possibly I shouldn't wait until I'm too frustrated to see straight before giving up on a matter, but I've had it with this.

edited January 2013

nm

edited January 2013

nm - I've read and reread ... even read instructions on other websites ... this is simply "NOT" working.

And while part of me says well maybe they fixed this in 4.5, I really doubt it.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

Hum.. Young Teens 5 Julie came with metadata to create a Young Teens 5 Julie product with her character, textures and poses. You're missing it, as it should appear right above Justin in your Products>Y category. You may want to re-import the metadata and see if it shows up like my attached picture below:

ScreenShot003.jpg
    627 x 1008 - 105K
    edited January 2013

Lindsey said:
    Hum.. Young Teens 5 Julie came with metadata to create a Young Teens 5 Julie product with her character, textures and poses. You're missing it, as it should appear right above Justin in your Products>Y category. You may want to re-import the metadata and see if it shows up like my attached picture below:

thank you but no ... this is for 4.0. I converted the files to .dsf and asked 4.0 to create metadata. The test run worked ... so I categorized the whole lot ... and nothing since has worked. Even tried with some from another product ... even tried adding them into a category that does work ... new ones won't show. Rebooting the computer didn't help either. AV is off so it's not that. CMS is running ... so ??? anyhow calling it quits for now. Too frustrated with this and it's not worth it.

edit: happened to notice that some other professional created metadata files for poses weren't showing up in the Smart Content either so have come to the conclusion that this is not one of 4.0's strengths.