INSTALLER

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

If a product does not say that it includes installers, will it have to be extracted?

I have several purchases I cannot place into Daz Studio because my computer's files did not have the same file paths that were shown on the zip-file instructions.

The products are on my computer, but- after moving and copying them all over the place- I still can't get them to appear in Daz Studio.

(1 that did appear, but doesn't seem to work.)

Is there a way to tell if an item will have to be extracted before purchasing it?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

dash2128 said:
    If a product does not say that it includes installers, will it have to be extracted?

I have several purchases I cannot place into Daz Studio because my computer's files did not have the same file paths that were shown on the zip-file instructions.

The products are on my computer, but- after moving and copying them all over the place- I still can't get them to appear in Daz Studio.

(1 that did appear, but doesn't seem to work.)

Is there a way to tell if an item will have to be extracted before purchasing it?

Which products? From Daz3d, zip folders are usually for the mac computers or they are older content that has been repackaged in which case one just unzips them and moves the contents into their appropriate folders.

A lot of the older content and purchases or freeware without metadata will be found in the Content Library either under Daz Studio Formats or Poser Formats.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

i WAS CONSIDERING LUNAR CRATERS MOONSCAPE, BUT MY SYSTEM IS PC.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

dash2128 said:
    i WAS CONSIDERING LUNAR CRATERS MOONSCAPE, BUT MY SYSTEM IS PC.

Think your cap key locked ;-)

Yes that one should work fine. It's probably got a normal .exe installer for dpc, and might have another for ds ... at any rate it would go into the My Library > Runtime structure just fine. The older files may say Content, that name has changed to "My Library".

If it has an installer, point it to "My Library".

edited December 1969

Thanks. ....How did this topic get to the top again?

Does it do that when someone replies?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,602
    edited December 1969

yes it bumps it back to the top

edited December 1969

No kidding! Thanks