Super Hero Cape for Genesis 2

Hi Guys and Gals.

Genesis and Genesis 3 capes don't work properly with Genesis 2 characters, which is a shame.  I have lots of Genesis 2 characters, and I'm not a fan of Genesis 3 characters.

Can someone come up with a Super Hero Cape for Genesis 2 characters?  I would buy it for sure.

Regards

Roger

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Parent it instead of Auto-Fit-ting.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2017

I feel your pain. I've gone through a lot of capes and cloaks trying to get one that looks right for my next book cover. Here is the Hooded Cloak for G2M, with the hood turned off the cutout opacity of the neck strap turned down to zero to hide it. (There are no sliders, have to do it manually.) It poses better than almost all the other ones I've tried. I retextured it with Fabiana's satin shaders. This is a WIP, still fixing the collar issues on the shirt and plenty of other things.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • jestmart said:

Parent it instead of Auto-Fit-ting.

Sorry, what do you mean, Parent it?

• Load the item without the figure selected, so it won't automatically try to fit itself, or cancel the AutoFit dialogue. Then parent the figure to the chest or neck of the wearer - either by drag-and-drop in the Scene pane or by right-clicking and Change Parent. Adjust its position to line up, and pose the cloak as you would with the intended figure.

• Load the item without the figure selected, so it won't automatically try to fit itself, or cancel the AutoFit dialogue. Then parent the figure to the chest or neck of the wearer - either by drag-and-drop in the Scene pane or by right-clicking and Change Parent. Adjust its position to line up, and pose the cloak as you would with the intended figure.

Oh, that's what parenting means.  Yeah, I've done that, and sometimes it works, but for some poses, it just doesn't, or it's a major pain in the ass.

A Super Hero Cape for Genesis 2 is way overdue.

• I would like to point out that this post is in the Product Suggestions forum.  

So are there no content creators willing to do a Super Hero Cape for Genesis 2?

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited March 2018
    Llynara said:

I feel your pain. I've gone through a lot of capes and cloaks trying to get one that looks right for my next book cover. Here is the Hooded Cloak for G2M, with the hood turned off the cutout opacity of the neck strap turned down to zero to hide it. (There are no sliders, have to do it manually.) It poses better than almost all the other ones I've tried. I retextured it with Fabiana's satin shaders. This is a WIP, still fixing the collar issues on the shirt and plenty of other things.

Were you able to parent this cloak and then pose nicely in anything other than a standing position?  How were you able to turn the hood off?  I saw that option on the G3M version but not this one.

Every cape I have tried sticks to the characters body and feet like glue and become a mess when posed in anything other than stanidng.  Such a shame that no one has created a proper G2M cape.  I too have a lot of great characters for G2M that I am struggling to get a decent cape for.

Post edited by Geminii23 on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Theoretically ANY dForce cape made well should fit most figurres. Lets hope they make one soon.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

So are there no content creators willing to do a Super Hero Cape for Genesis 2?

Given that G2 is two generations behind the current figure, my guess would be "No". Granted, stuff is still being produced that works for G3, but G3 is a lot more similar to G8 than G2 was so it's less effort to support it.

Anyhow...

G