How do I load an obj file with the textures?

craypoecraypoe Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I recently purchased Antfarm's The Office Bundle. I installed it and I have no idea how to load it into Daz. with the textures for the components. I import the obj files but the textures aren't on them and I have no idea how to add them.

Comments

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

you may have to edit the .mtl file in notepad to display the correct path to the texture files.. if it has one .. which it should

then it will load correctly

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I do wonder whay you are trying to load an OBJ. This set should come with a PP2 file, which you will find under props.

It is possible you will find it under Poser formats as they are quite old products.

• craypoecraypoe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips. I'll try them out after work. Gotta work that day job. I appreciate your help and quick response.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes as chohole says, they will be under Props in the Poser Formats area:

Features
    •4 Office Props (.PP2 and .OBJ) ◦Office Door ◦Opens/Closes

◦Hat Rack
    ◦Side Alley
    ◦Office

Use the Content Library > Poser Formats > My Library > Props to find them. You will almost never need to load an OBJ file yourself for any props or figures you buy from the store here, the OBJ is almost always called from a CR2 (character) or PP2 (props) file.

• FelixFFDSFelixFFDS Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

You will almost never need to load an OBJ file yourself for any props or figures you buy from the store here, the OBJ is almost always called from a CR2 (character) or PP2 (props) file.

Thanks - that little tidbit, which I'd forgotten to register in my aging brain cells, definitely explains why, when I load up an obj that I've created and mapped/textured, doesn't show up correctly.

Now, to read HOW to create the PP2 file properly.

F