Some quick questions and greetings to everyone

edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok here be one for you guys ya i'm kinda new round here and i want to kinda get into making some lil animations and sci fi shorts of sorts.

Now i had the idea to do everything as cheap as possible and ive got a nice 16GB ram windows box with a nice gtx 640 card ( yes i know its not the absolute best but tis nice )

The idea is to use celestia or maybe spaceengine ( later cause all i need are to output to obj files ) and i can use them in models and animations in that later )
celestia would be more foe the space ship flyings and anomalies while i might use spaceengines abilities to get closer to grounds to make meshes that have those grounds have cities with people on or other objects on them...

Can daz stuff be outputted to obj format so i can do that....working off two pcs here this box isnt the one i use ( that's the safe bet use your dev box offline as they say )

Idea here being to get into aspects of all this and do a ton of stuff freely to get A) feedback on my ideas of stories B) from others that do this to help me improve C) to share what i do to others in time so they too can enjoy making there own stuff

-----------------
A second project of mine is a lot more involved (laughs) and involves trying to take virtual 3d maps of actual cities and allow kids ( this is going ot get done by me some musicians and they'd like hte ability to be able to customize avatars ....now this is one reason i came here is daz has sooooo many aspects to character modelling im just wondering is there possibly a way to get some kind of license on a broader scale to include a bunch of models so one can use them and various aspects in a kind of character creation mode...OR with said software am i allowed already to add this kind of functionality by way of some api use....this is being asked cause i hate to get legal issues and this is a real serioius idea that if this takes off illbe making real virtual maps of major cities in my home country and it may expand beyond the musicns to stores , and even peoples places like a giant 3d virtual real sims...vs what you get with the sims which is not real.

ALSO wanted to say thanks to dazzed i got started on bryce 3 way back but never had anyone teach me ( said software was on a pc i bought once ) and i toyed abit but since ive come here and been playing around with stuff people have given me tons a tutorials....
its almost a free university course this stuff....

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited January 2013

Can daz stuff be outputted to obj format so i can do that

Studio can import and export obj files.

Are you talking about using morphs/characters/models on multiple computers that are not your personal use computers? The answer is likely no. However since genesis comes with studio and there are free morphs etc out there you may be able to do a fair bit with that.

Oh and Hi!

Post edited by Khory on
  • edited December 1969

thanks and idea might be to show non moving people in a quick fashion to give an illusion of realism....
    for closer shots then you do somehting different....thanks for help lots to learn and play with

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited December 1969

If you want to include actual 3D data in something that will be used by others you need the relevant Game Developer Licenses, even if the thing isn't an actual game - there are game licenses for items that list DAZ 3D as the vendor, and for items from RawArt and Jack Tomalin. You also need to note that the terms of the licenses don't allow you to make separate add-on content for sale, though I don't think they would stand in the way of built-in customisation options.

• edited January 2013

thats what i was after
    :)
    A lil contact nfo regarding commercialization as the project gets more set out and going....
    I just have so much doing ...one can say i'm trying to do a few more things then most...

Once i have more stuff form other parties involved i'll be in touch proper.
    and content in the either is not being sold to be used BUT displayed which i gather the former would be making all htis as a package and then reselling this ....i get that would require extra ....not looking to do that this is to be its own thing online and experienced....it may get more added to it like areas and such but thats in time and as it goes.

Post edited by chronoss2008_35b5a69205 on