Fine tuning parenting

rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99

Is it possible to fine tune parenting of an objects position on an area of Genesis which only has a general node such as an ear? Eg if an earring is to be attached to the earlobe and parented to the head as the only available node and the shape of the ear is changed the earring will will stay not move from its position relative to the head.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I have an idea, it may or may not work.

Parent a Null to the head, scaling it down to ear lobe size and parent the earring to the null.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure it can be done without something akin to Szark's solution. If you were to, say, model an ear overlay, set that to collide with genesis and parent to that... That would likely work. That's about the only way I can see it working without putting the ear/head morphs into the earring.

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I have an idea, it may or may not work.

Parent a Null to the head, scaling it down to ear lobe size and parent the earring to the null.

Many thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately with the null parented to the head the earring stays relative to the head and does not follow the ear when it is morphed.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have suggested in the past that Parenting Zones be added for both ears the nose the lips and Eyebrows just for this reason. My Suggestion has fallen on Un-Parented Ears so far.

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I have suggested in the past that Parenting Zones be added for both ears the nose the lips and Eyebrows just for this reason. My Suggestion has fallen on Un-Parented Ears so far.

At first I foolishly thought that 'Create new node instance' was for this :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

.... off the beaten track .... [lightbulb]

Maybe with a 'little morph' on the ear ... and a little texturing overlay .... !