Carrara Plugin Development

Comments

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 319
    edited October 2018

Thanks all for feedback! I am just a 3D hobbyist and enjoy it for fun and believe that 3D Art and Programming are for everyone to enjoy.

In this lesson we will try to fix some of the build issues related to Carrara SDK samples. We will use Explode Modifier Carrara SDK sample in this lesson.

Post edited by Samuel S. on
    edited October 2018

Let’s Build Triangle Primitive plugin from scratch in less than 15 minutes .

• 3d4funandplay, thank you so much for putting such a great resources together! As a web programmer but not an application programmer I've been intrigued at the possibility of programming a Carrara plugin but figuring out how to program within an app framework (headers and dll's and compiling) was a little intimidating. Your tutorials lays it out very clearly and easy to understand. Now I have another thing to add to my Carrara ADHD! laugh

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited March 2017

Just FYI - the official response from DAZ is that the only way to get the SDK is from CarraraCafe, so I guess those of us who can't create accounts there or don't want to are out of luck.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

angryno

MDO2010 said:

Just FYI - the official response from DAZ is that the only way to get the SDK is from CarraraCafe, so I guess those of us who can't create accounts there or don't want to are out of luck.

3d4funandplay, thank you so much for putting such a great resources together! As a web programmer but not an application programmer I've been intrigued at the possibility of programming a Carrara plugin but figuring out how to program within an app framework (headers and dll's and compiling) was a little intimidating. Your tutorials lays it out very clearly and easy to understand. Now I have another thing to add to my Carrara ADHD! laugh

Thanks stringtheory9! It is lot of fun to program with C++ and Carrara SDK/OpenGL/DirectX. I will try to continue to share my experience with Carrara SDK.

I really appreciate your posts, if I haven't said so already.  My thumbs down was for Daz not making the SDK available on their own, even though they have a forum for it.

3d4funandplay, thank you so much for putting such a great resources together! As a web programmer but not an application programmer I've been intrigued at the possibility of programming a Carrara plugin but figuring out how to program within an app framework (headers and dll's and compiling) was a little intimidating. Your tutorials lays it out very clearly and easy to understand. Now I have another thing to add to my Carrara ADHD! laugh

Thanks stringtheory9! It is lot of fun to program with C++ and Carrara SDK/OpenGL/DirectX. I will try to continue to share my experience with Carrara SDK.

MDO2010 said:

Diomede said:

angryno

MDO2010 said:

Diomede said:

I really appreciate your posts, if I haven't said so already.  My thumbs down was for Daz not making the SDK available on their own, even though they have a forum for it.

Thanks and no worries. I totally understand the frustration of not having a link to Carrara SDK on DAZ's main site.

I got a following link from Official DAZ support and I have requested DAZ support in the same ticket to ask their team to post SDK link on DAZ's web site; may be you can ask DAZ support as well.

http://carraracafe.com/downloads/?did=23

I am trying to Evangelize and looking for good and easy ways to reveal the Hidden Power of Carrara SDK in a hope that may be some artists and programmers can join group of Carrara Plugin developers sometime in near future. I think it is important for future of Carrara.

Also may be some day we can get cool Carrara SDK video tutorials from DAZ and or Veteran Carrara Plugin Developers as well.

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219

3d4funandplay,

I am just curious as to whether existing structures can be altered by using the SDK.

For example: Carrara already has

Particles.dat

Particles .mcx and

Particles.txt

Can these particle files be altered so that "Particles Push each other" actually works?

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

I have a question about the software development kit (SDK) that is available on the CarraraCafe website.

I downloaded it, and on inspection I see that the version of that SDK is 8.1.1.12. This version number matches the last released version of Carrara 8.1.

Is this SDK of any value for developing software for the current version of Carrara (8.5.1.19)?

McGuiver said:

3d4funandplay,

I am just curious as to whether existing structures can be altered by using the SDK.

For example: Carrara already has

Particles.dat

Particles .mcx and

Particles.txt

Can these particle files be altered so that "Particles Push each other" actually works?

I have not tried this option yet but we can develop a component/plugin which should be able to interact with Particles via Carrara Shell. It is good question and may be posted in SDK Section.

de3an said:

I have a question about the software development kit (SDK) that is available on the CarraraCafe website.

I downloaded it, and on inspection I see that the version of that SDK is 8.1.1.12. This version number matches the last released version of Carrara 8.1.

Is this SDK of any value for developing software for the current version of Carrara (8.5.1.19)?

Yes, it should work since this is the latest SDK available to public.

MDO2010 said:

DAZ supported indicated that they are in the process of updating their documents center. They will try to request to place link there when the document center is updated but it is not guaranteed that it will be done.

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433

Here a free Particle Plugin already exists > http://www.f1oat.org/pycloid/index.html

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    rk66 said:

Here a free Particle Plugin already exists > http://www.f1oat.org/pycloid/index.html

rk66,

I have that one & love the versatility, but it also has an issue with crashing Carrara ....if you mess with the parameters too much??? 

I wish he had the time & drive to get it fixed, but I think alot of the plugin developers feel that they are wasting their valuable time.

I think there is no further development. But maybe makes Frederic the source code public as open source.

• evilkooladeevilkoolade Posts: 114

I can't code i have really bad ADHD and while i can do little bits of programing and seem to have a mind that works well with the idea of programing the act of actually typing code my brain will not allow (it would be awesomif there were a visual way to do it maby node based) Nee ways I have wanted a renaming plugin for carrara for ages I love the duplication ability in carrara but it keeps the same name for all the items and there are many time when adding sequntial numbers to these duplacates would be very useful to me.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885

now if someone could implement Google's deep dream

https://github.com/google/deepdream 

all our renders would look trippy

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    th3Digit said:

now if someone could implement Google's deep dream

https://github.com/google/deepdream 

all our renders would look trippy

Trippy is as trippy does :)

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Cannot access the SDK videos on youtube now. Can someone else check?
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    3drendero said:
    Cannot access the SDK videos on youtube now. Can someone else check?

Apparently, he closed his Youtube account.sad

His videos were my starting point for doing plugins.

Well that sucks, did anyone download a backup?

Sorry folks there were some issues with the YouTube account. I will upload SDK videos  and links as soon as possible.

edited August 2018
    I Samuel said:

Sorry folks there were some issues with the YouTube account. I will upload SDK videos  and links as soon as possible.

Here is a link for the most viewed video in old channel; I got quiet busy so will post rest of the 6 SDK videos later.

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks, waiting for the rest...

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I Samuel, thanks a bunch for your work!  Coders like you are the life blood of Carrrara at this point, and I just want you to know that you are appreciated.

I Samuel, thanks a bunch for your work!  Coders like you are the life blood of Carrrara at this point, and I just want you to know that you are appreciated.

+1

Also, I tried downloading the Carrara SDK from the Carrara Cafe site.  I am getting an invalid file error when I try to unzip it.

I have tested now, for me it works, file size 51,7 MB.

Hmmm, OK, will try again later