How to maintain my content with a windows 8 clean install?

XdyeXdye Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello people, I wanna do a clean install of windows but I am just very afraid.

The thing is i had windows 7 and i updated to w8, all ok, all works ok, daz works ok, but then i had some problems with the registry due to some drivers hardware, so i want to make clean install of windows 8 erasing everything except files.

I really don't mind installing the apps and drivers and configurations, but my biggest concern is the categories of daz, i expend lot but lot of hours organizing my daz how i like, and i am afraid that with a clean install i wold need to do again.

So there are some tutorials very detailed on how to preserve my content manager with all the categories organized after installing a new copy of windows? would be like to set up a new pc

I am sorry if tihs has been answered but i am just very afraid cos maybe in total i wasted more than 50 hours to organize all, but i need just to do it.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Assuming you're using DS4.5, go to the Content Library tab Options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) > Content DB Maintenance > Export User Data. This will create one or more files in Runtime:Support named UserData_1.dsx, etc., containing all your category information. Be patient, it may take a long time (mine takes half an hour). When it's done, save those files (along with your whole content folder, of course). After you've reinstalled your OS and DS and copied back your content folder, go to Content Library tab Options menu > Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata and it will re-import your own categories as well as the metadata supplied with the products.