bluemoons thread

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Here are a couple of renders I have done recently concentrating mainly on lighting figures. Skin shaders have always been a mystery to me as I have no idea what most of them are and usually just left them alone. Now I have started playing with them to see what happens.
The first one was done using uber area lights and the second one using uber soft lights, both have a distant light set to specular only.

portrait002.jpg
841 x 1051 - 496K
portrait-001.jpg
778 x 1100 - 317K

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Well done bluemoon, thats a fantastic start with lighting, keep it up :cheese:

• edited December 1969

Thanks spyro.
    It was very rude of me forgetting to mention this post by NeilV 1 showing how each channel affects the skin.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/210689/
    Thanks for taking the time to do that NeilV 1 it has been a big help.

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

The second in terms of light and colors reminds me of nightsong's work. Great works blue.:)

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Looks good, what sort of render settings are you using and how are your render times?

• edited December 1969

Thanks MadisonXF, here are my render settings in the same order as the pix are posted. As far as times go I can't say for the first one, hit render and then went to sleep and it was finished when I woke up. The second one took a bit over an hour and a half.
    The posted images haven't been re-sized. I have a good machine to work with these days that I have been slowly building as I can afford parts. At the moment it has a core i7 3770 with 32gig of Kingston Hyper-X ram and put a GeForce GTX 680 on order yesterday that should be here next week some time.

RenderSet2.jpg
    362 x 974 - 237K
    RenderSet1.jpg
    356 x 969 - 232K