Fix the Browser issue of seeing someone elses name

1234568»

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    We all keep getting logged out of the forums. Especially annoying when its during a reply.

I keep copying the contents of my replies to the clipboard, just in case. :-)

Kendall

That's what I've been doing. Copy before hitting submit.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Frank0314 said:
    We all keep getting logged out of the forums. Especially annoying when its during a reply.

I keep copying the contents of my replies to the clipboard, just in case. :-)

Kendall

That's what I've been doing. Copy before hitting submit.

That's what I should learn to do. Before I have too many more lost posts. Of course in the old days, you could hit the Back button to recoer the post...I miss the old forums.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

FYI, I think I figured out the pattern to not getting logged out.

You have to allow all cookies, and if your browser also asks for "allow refreshing these cookies", the answer is yes.

When you login using the button up there, yes, WAY up there at the page, and click on "remember me" it won't remember you.

BUT -- when you log in on Platinum Club's page after your session has expired, and checkmark both boxes, it keeps you logged in. At least that's how it worked for me.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited December 1969

Do you still have a Remember Me box? Mine vanished earlier in the week.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

While we're on the subject of logins, I can't help noticing that every time I've come to the new store and logged in, Firefox has (except for one glitch) correctly autocompleted my login details just like it did before that annoying login popup was introduced. I said all along that thing was completely and utterly broken, and it seems I was right. Anyone else noticed this? Maybe in other browsers as well?

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Actually, I'm getting the instant Forum logout myself. When this happens, logging right back in doesn't help because the Forums just log me right back out again. What I do to get around this is, log myself out from the store then log back in, and return to the forums. It hasn't failed me yet. :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited December 1969

Yes that is the temp work around for that problem.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Do you still have a Remember Me box? Mine vanished earlier in the week.

When I did the login, yeah, which was about a week ago. But of course I'm not gonna log off now. ;)

• pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm happy to say I've not seen anyone else's name for two days now, so that part of things definitely seems improved.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I haven't been seeing someone else's name, either.