problem upgrade majorcache

ender434ender434 Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in New Users

helo everybody.i ve bought major upgrade 4. i ve got michael 4 and major cache and work with daz 3d studio 4.all the stuff in the"pose" folder(poser formats/my library/pose) appears but cannot be put on michael in the perpective view when i double click on them.I mean all the items(CM arm ,CM chest etc)are visible in the DZ majorM4 mats folder but when i click on one of them nothing happens.it s the same for items inside DZ majors mats.so i don't know if
1 there is a special update of michael 4 that works with upgrade of major cache
2 maybe it s not the right folder it's has to be located

major cache items are in the daz clothing folder(poser format/my library/figures/Daz clothing/M4/major cache)and work correctly on michael 4 body.i ve re installed several times upgrade items and even daz 3d but nothing changes.

Help i m going creasy.thanks fot your precious help

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,265
    edited December 1969

You need to load the clothes from the Figure library, then apply the pose to the item of clothing.

• ender434ender434 Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

thanks for your answer.i m sorry but i m french and dispite google traduction and my not so bad english can you give me more detail about the way to do that because right now i dont know exactly what to do
    thanks a lot

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You have to do the following:

1. Load a peice of clothing
    2, Select the clothing in the Scene pane
    3. Then apply the texture from the Pose folder.

You MUST have the clothing item selected in the Scene pane first, or the texture will not load.

edited December 1969

thanks. i undertsood what you meant;Except the first step
    i m not able to make appear the choosen item in the scene pane
    it s just the "load a piece of item' that i cannot do.I ve tried file/import/ and i go to the item folder concerned but no result.I ve tried to put directly the piece of item from its folder to the perspective view(drag and drop) no result. i know i m not so far to succed and i apologize cause i m just a stupid beginner with daz 3d.Just need a little HELP one last time.FROM YOU

edited January 2013

thanks. i undertsood what you meant;Except the first step
    i m not able to make appear the choosen item in the scene pane
    it s just the "load a piece of item' that i cannot do.I ve tried file/import/ and i go to the item folder concerned but no result.I ve tried to put directly the piece of item from its folder to the perspective view(drag and drop) no result. i know i m not so far to succed and i apologize cause i m just a stupid beginner with daz 3d.Just need a little HELP one last time.FROM YOU

You MUST load the clothing item from the 'Figures' folder first.

Try this, go to Figures > DAZ Clothing > M4 > Major Cache, and load the item 'MC_Leg.CR2'. You can drag and drop into the scene, or double click on it to load the item. You MUST have M4 selected in the Scene pane.

Once that has loaded, go to Pose > DAZ Clothing > M4 > Major Cache, and apply 'MC_Leg_cam.PZ2'. You MUST have the item MC_Leg selected in the Scene pane as shown below. Apply the camoflage texture by double clicking it, or dragging and dropping into the viewport.

If you do not have the MC_Leg item selected first, then nothing will happen. As you apply new textures to each of the MC items, make sure that the correct one is selected in the Scene pane, or nothing will happen.

I hope that helps, but if not, please post again :)

Untitled-1.jpg
    966 x 588 - 139K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

thank for your help jimmyc 2009.I ve done what you told me .I went directly to the figure folder (then to DZ MajorM4 Mats to me that 's the upgrade) and drag and drop an item into the perspective view with michael 4 selected but nothing happened.daz 3d even doen t say to me that an item has to be selected.It s like the item dosen 't see michael 4.Each item has 3 peaces : Daz script 2 /Image PNG/poser content
    I took the item daz script 2 and drop it into daz 3.there a little + that appears and nothing happens.What is strange is that basic major cache items works perfecty and just with a double click can be put on michael body but I can t do the same with major upgrade 4.0.I really don ' t understang nothing at all.that means that i''m stopped at step one
    I wait for your light.PLEASE

edited December 1969

AM I the only ONE TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM

edited December 1969

You will need to post a screenshot of what you have installed I think.

This upgrade is really a texture set for Major Cache, with some extra items in it as well. You need to load M4 first, then select M4, and load the normal Major Cache items (not the Upgrade). Let us say that you load the MC_Legs.CR2, and you have said that it works OK?

Now you can go to the Upgrade, and find the MATerial to apply to the MC_Legs. MAKE SURE that the item MC_Legs is selected in the Scene pane (NOT Michael4)

According to the product page:

•DZ_MajorM4 Material Options: ◦Includes Urban, Snow, Olive, and Red of each:
    ◦CM_Arms
    ◦CM_Belt
    ◦CM_Boots
    ◦CM_Chest
    ◦CM_Gloves
    ◦CM_Helmet
    ◦CM_Hip
    ◦CM_Legs
    ◦CM_Shoulder
    ◦CM_Suit
    ◦DZ_Cap
    ◦DZ_DoggHelmet

You can select a material to apply to your Major Cache item, Urban, Snow, Olive or Red for the MC_Legs file that you have already loaded. When you find the one you want (it seems to be called CM_Legs) select the texture you want, and apply it. MAKE SURE that the CM_Legs is selected in the Scene Pane or it will not work.

To recap, you load M4, apply the Major Cache armour first (not the upgrade, just the normal one), THEN go to the Upgrade and load the new material for it. Does that help?

When applying a material to ANY figure or object, you MUST have the Figure selected in the Scene pane or nothing will happen. Anything that is PZ2 will not 'load' it is only a material for a figure which needs to be loaded into the Scene first.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,265
    edited December 1969

Load a piece of Major Cache clothing from the figure library

Make sure it is highlighted in the Scene pane.

Now drag the setting for that piece from the Pose library onto the piece of clothing in the viewport.

The Upgrade set is new looks for the clothes, it isn't new pieces of clothing to load.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited January 2013

AM I the only ONE TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM
    I haven't seen amyone else with the problem so I would have to say yes.

We are all volunteers helping you here so some patience is required.

If I had access to Daz Studio I would post step by step instructions for you but alas I can't.

Instead of Drag and Drop try double clicking the presets

In the Content Library Pane (NOT SMART CONTENT)
    1: To load the CR2 Mesh go to Poser Formats > My Library (if installed to the DS4.5 default) > Daz Clothing > M4 > Major Cache and load the CR2 meshes while M4 is selected.

2: Then with each CR2 Major Cache clothing parts selected go to CONTENT LIBRARY PANE > Poser Formats > Pose > Daz Clothing > M4 > Major Cache and Double click the relevant material presets.

The Add-ons CR2 Meshes will be under Poser Formats > Figures > DZ_MajorM4 and the materials will be under Poser Formats > Pose > DZ_MajorM4_Mats

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

great thanks to all of you
    Yes YES .last advice of administrator richard was right.in fact i had to put basic major cache items on michael 4 then i had to select one by one each item in the scene pane then go to major upgrade item in the content library and double click on each item to apply them on the related selected item.
    great thanks to this great community.now i can start create.i ve been in trouble with that since few days.
    ouha Great to have you..!

edited December 1969

i ve been reading all your post and in fact all of you were right.Let s say that i m just a beginner and i need to learn.
    Great thanks to you for sharing knowledge.

edited December 1969

I have been telling you that from the first post :-)

I think it is a language problem more than anything else. Translators don't work properly for everything.