USERS FILE

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

My Daz product downloads (and installations) have been going into the following path:

C:\DocumentsandSettings\test1\MyDocumentss\DAZ3D\Studio\MyLibrary

...rather than the path: 'C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library.'

There is a DAZ file in My Computer also, but most files are going into 'DocumentsandSettings. And for the most part, they seem to be running.

My question is this: Is the 'DocumentsandSettings' path the path that I should send files (that need to be installed manually) to?

I'm trying to get MosInvasion into the right place so that it will appear in my Content Libaray. Starship Crew is already there, but requires MosInvasion to function.

(Starship Crew is my primary interest, so I need to move MosInvasion to the right place so that SCCrew will work.)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,254
    edited December 1969

Yes, that's where they go with Windows XP - the Users folder replaced that in Vista and later.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

I see. Thank you.

Now...Where precisely should I place MosInvasion in order to bring it up in DazStudio so that it will enable Starship Crew (which requires MosInvasion) to work?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

All content should be installed into the My Library folder, and My Library should be the last folder in the path.

If these items are Poser content, and they have an installer (.exe), the point the installer to the My Library folder. If they are in ZIP files, and there is a Content folder, you need to copy everything in the Content folder, and place it into the My Library folder.

Are they installers or ZIPs?

edited December 1969

I'm still in the middle of working the problem, but MosInvasion does appear in Poser file.

However, When trying to fit clothing to michael3, I get a message:

'Cannot find a file /runtimegeometries/Uzilite/rangerSuit.obj'

To get Starship Crew to dress michael3 it appears that MosInvasion is required (Starship Crew uniform shirts is what I need.), but nothing is happening when I click Starship icons (Even if I double-check Scene), so I keep assuming that I have to apply something from MosInvasion first, to get a STCrew icon to work. But really, I have no idea.

Yet as I mentioned, MosInvasion is displaying the 'cannot find file' message above when I click on the icon.

Wonder if I need to completely redownload the entire MOSINVASION (possibly STARSHIP CREW) files?

edited December 1969

Starship Crew is a Texture Set for MosInvasion. You have to load an item of clothing from the MOS set first, and then apply the appropriate texture for Starship which will be in the Pose folder.

Make sure that you have the clothing item selected in the Scene pane before trying to apply the texture, or it wont work.

edited December 1969

That explains Starship crew, thank you.

I think what I need to do then, is fix MOSInvasion.

When I try to apply a MOSINVASION uniform, I'm still getting 'File Missing' messages. I've copied and moved files around, but cannot get MOSINvasion to work.

I'll focus on getting MOS working, maybe I should redownload. Would having MOS files in more than one place cause problems?

(Since- after copying and pasting- I have them in several locations already now.)

edited December 1969

If I were you, I would redownload and reinstall. If it is an installer file, make sure that you point it to the My Library folder, and not any sub-folder of it.

edited January 2013

I may do that...uup!...A MOS firearm just loaded.

I clicked on 'Search for Location' (as I'd done before, it always came up blank.), it came up blank again, but this time I located a firearm under a file, and it loaded. (Barely)

It was a complicated way to do it.

...Got a MOS suit loaded...again complicate way to do it. Used locate tab, had to find icons through 'runtime'.

If I can get Starship Crew responding, maybe I should work with it this way until I get the shirts I need. Then redownload.

Thanks again, for helping me get this far. You deserve a Superbowl ring.

Post edited by dash2128 on
    edited December 1969

IT WORKS!

I have to 'back door' my way to apply some of it, but not all. And when I render, It comes out close to the way it is supposed to.

Problem resolved.

All I've got to do is resolve the hat-fixer issue, and I'm 'go'.

Thanks again!