Missing Files

chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
edited December 1969 in New Users

HI,

This morning I uninstalled and re-installed my DS 4.5 on my Mac OX S 10.8.2.
Everything is fine except when I opened some files I have been working on, this happens, MISSING FILES.... I have the fies, and if I start new, they were there for me to use ( e.g. the Seasons dress ). But why it says there are missing files in the saved files I am working on?

Please help, where did i go wrong?

Screen_Shot_2013-01-24_at_1.19_.07_PM_.png
349 x 376 - 40K
Screen_Shot_2013-01-24_at_1.20_.19_PM_.png
569 x 285 - 75K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The error message says that it cannot find items in the 'data' folder. That means that you either moved it since you saved the scene, or it is no longer listed in DAZ Studio Formats. These are files that DAZ Stuio needs to load the items in the scene.

Were these scenes saved in the old format (.DAZ)? If so, you should really look to see where your folder called 'data' is located, and make sure that it is listed as a DAZ Studio Formats folder in Preferences.

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

Don't understand. Even if I tried to delete the clothing and put on new ones, it wouldn't let me, the clothing is permanently attached to the figure....

I was very careful to re-install DS 4.5, not to misplace things. now the matter of daz files really perplexed me.

edited December 1969

Is it a .DAZ scene file that you are tying to load? Is it causing the errors. Or is it a .DUF file?

It might be simpler to just redo the scene.

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

It is a Duf file.

edited December 1969

Have you looked for the 'data' folder. It should be inside the My Library folder. I have an 'autoAdapted' folder inside my data folder, but I don;t know what it signifies.

If you can find the data folder, then we can make sure that DS knows where it is, and end of problem.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

wow....sorry, I am of no help whatsoever.... but I just had to comment on that CRAZY dress....

(I know it's not funny....sorry... lol) ....but ...wow...

That's not a good look for her. (lol...sorry - couldn't resist) :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Auto-adapted is where the 'converted' items that are in the scene are saved...and if it doesn't have a dsf/duf file to begin with, then one is created and saved there.

And if you didn't specifically include that folder in a backup (made a copy of it), chances are that the uninstall/reinstall wiped it out. And yes, it is VERY needed for reloading saved scenes.

One way around it is to convert the items, manually/autofit and then save them as new 'assets'...props/clothing/whatever. Don't use the 'wearables' presets..they end up in Auto-adapted, too.

• tridymittridymit Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

well I get the same errors - different model (the normal dragon)

freshly installed some files, redownloaded studio.

First: studio crashes a lot more - while saving files (annoying)
    and when i open a dif file i get those squares.

:(