Daz3D Art Contest Submission Guidelines... Help

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am considering entering my first contest here at Daz and im kinda stuck one of the restrictions. It pertains to violence in renders.

Someone thankfully showed me this:

Gallery and Posted Image Conduct

1.) Images may not show genitals, or the bare groin or buttocks, of humanoid figures. Images of female humanoids may not show the breasts.
2.) Any image that conflicts with the nature of this forum or is found to be inappropriate for the forum’s wide audience will be removed and the author notified.
3.) Images will not display the act of sexual copulation, masturbation, or oral sex.
4.) Images that may be considered sexually suggestive will be reviewed by the staff of this site as to its appropriateness for inclusion in the Gallery.
5.) DAZ 3D RETAINS THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY IMAGE(S) FOR ANY REASON.
6.) Images will not display rape, torture, or the act of physical mutilation.
7.) Images that may appear gratuitously violent will be reviewed by the staff of this site for its appropriateness for inclusion in the gallery.
8.) Images that contain depictions of children are especially sensitive and will be reviewed even more strictly than other such images.
9.) Images that may be considered as an attack on a person or their beliefs will be reviewed for its appropriateness in the gallery.

#6 is the most confusing in terms of "physical mutilation".

Does this mean i cannot show a dragon's hand being severed by a knight, or a robot's arm being ripped from its body by another robot? Does "Physical Mutilation" only pertain to "Human" or "Humanoid" figures?

Please help me out with this. I need this defined as best as possible so I have a clear idea of what i can do, and what i cant.

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

I'm probably the wrong person to answer thing, my stuff tends to get its toes as close to the line as possible

as near as i can tell, if you keep it like a PG 13 movie its probably ok, if you are really in doubt contact a mod before you post

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683
    edited December 1969

Here are a few images that show some type "violence" i intend to use in my render. Would any of these be disqualified?

-MJ

phi_stars_anime_bloody_picture_monster_cut_in_half.jpg
    400 x 281 - 46K
    Stgeorge-dragon.jpg
    376 x 480 - 37K
    buffy-robot.jpg
    639 x 349 - 206K
    i-robot.jpg
    639 x 353 - 50K
    edited December 1969

Here are 2 more....

-MJ

Jazz_DyingAction.jpg
    1116 x 528 - 116K
    10-sentinel-prime-betrays-autobots-ironhide.jpg
    545 x 316 - 145K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited December 1969

Mechanical objects are probably safe, but flesh and blood not - especially as we don't yet have any content filters for forum posts (though contests generally want to keep the thread clear of flagged posts). LX is probably right in saying that film or game certification should be your guide.

edited January 2013

I went to do some research and ive noticed movies like: AVP, Tremors, I-Robot, Transformers I, II, & III, had PG-13 ratings.

These films all contained scenes of violence where monsters were cut, shot, decapitated, ripped apart, sliced in half, etc. So, would it be safe to say, if i show the violence, but not overly dramatic with blood, im good?

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited December 1969

Well, maybe PG13 is a bit strong then - I had a feeling it might be.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited January 2013

Maybe watershed/safe harbor would be a better guide.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
    edited December 1969

DaWaterRat, the link u supplied links to a blank page. Im not sure what you were trying to show me.
    Rich, is there anywhere where the "guide" is clearly defined and not so ambiguous?

-MJ

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_(television)#United_States

That's the actual link. dunno what's wrong with the one above. Basically is about the time when it's "safe" to show more adult/violent programing on TV.

edited December 1969

Yes, I nearly said think about what can be shown before or after the watershed on TV - though that does vary by country.

The links are breaking because they contain invalid URL characters - and if you try replacing them (with percent28 for open parentheses, for example) the &*$! forum replaces the code with the actual character and breaks the URL again.