Victoria 4.2 in DAZ4.5

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, I haven't played with DAZ in years and downloaded & installed DAZ4.5. I also re-downloaded a bunch of content and I'm having a hell of a time loading in Victoria 4.2. I've installed to several directories and even did the folder merging trick some folks mentioned to solve a problem with older content and nothing seems to work. I can't find anything in either of the "content" menus (smart content/content library)

What am I missing? It looks like a lot has changed since I last messed with DAZ! :o

Thanks in advance
Tony

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Victoria can be found in the Content Library under Figures -> Daz by default. Remember, that Victoria is a Poser format file. Of course. this implies that Daz is looking in the right place for your content. Make sure you have the right directories added under Content Directory Manager. You can access that under Preferences -> Content Library.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Darqmyst said:
    Hi, I haven't played with DAZ in years and downloaded & installed DAZ4.5. I also re-downloaded a bunch of content and I'm having a hell of a time loading in Victoria 4.2. I've installed to several directories and even did the folder merging trick some folks mentioned to solve a problem with older content and nothing seems to work. I can't find anything in either of the "content" menus (smart content/content library)

What am I missing? It looks like a lot has changed since I last messed with DAZ! :o

Thanks in advance
    Tony

All content for DS4.5 is installed by default into the My Library folder, that includes DAZ Studio Content AND Poser Content. The path that you give the installer for anything (Poser or DS) should end with 'My Library', and the installer will put it all into the correct folders. It really is that simple, no need to mess around and merge folders, let the installer do the work.

Just make sure the install path ends with My Library, and NOT My Library/Runtime or even My Library/Content, just My Library. Sorry to bang on about it, but that is the most important bit.

V4 needs to be initialised, the installer will tell you that. After it has been installed, you will find it as HoF says, in the Content Library. Here is the full path to find it inside DS 4.5

Content Library > Poser Formats > Figures > DAZ People.

• edited January 2013

Groovy. I'll give it another go after work, i think i know now what i was missing. I was looking in the daz folder & never bothered looking in the poser folders. Thanks for the advice! :)

Post edited by t.marshall3_dc1abd0e7d on