Animate question

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a way i can delete a part of anibolocks that i dont need.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can certainly edit aniblocks, but I think you would need the full version of Animate2, not just the Lite version that comes free with DS 4.5. Do you have the full version?

• edited December 1969

Nope i have lite version.
    How can i save a key frame. I mean if for 1frame i want char to get to assigned pose.
    How to do that

edited December 1969

I am not sure what you mean, but I'm assuming that you want to save a particular pose?

Move the time slider untill you reach the pose you want to save, then got to File > Save As > Pose Preset. That particular pose will now be applied to any Genesis character when you double click it.

• edited December 1969

No no
    I am applying a pose at lets say frame 60.Now i want this pose to be saved at frame 60. But when i move the slider pose is gone.So how to save that pose in that timeline

edited January 2013

If you move the slider past frame 60 nothing should happen to the Pose, unless you have a key frame further on?

Are there more keyframes after frame 60? If you want to make sure that the pose at frame 60 stays there, create a keyframe at frame 60 then another of the same pose at Frame 100 say, and it will not move between these frames.

EDIT:

I am not sure that you understand how animation works in DS. If you create a pose at frame 1, then create a different pose at frame 30, then DS will work out how to get to the pose at frame 30 from frame 1, and it fills in all of the in between frames. If you don;t want the figure to move, you would need to add a keyframe at the first pose, then move to the next frame you want it at and add that same pose again, otherwise DS will move the in between frames.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

Well i have key frame for victoria further away. I wana make pose for michael.
    When m4 runs and comes near v4 she hits it. I have have hitting aniblock for v4 .
    M4 is using running aniblocks
    When m4 running aniblocks end i cant pose m4. Whatever i do when i go to next frame and comeback that pose not gets saved

edited December 1969

Are you still talking about changing the Aniblock? You can't do that as already explained.

I will let somone else try to explain it to you. Perhaps there is a way to do it without needing Animate2, but I don;t know how to do it. If you hang on for a little while an animator may see this thread. Sorry.

• edited December 1969

No i am not talking about changing the aniblocks
    I just cant seem to make normal animation.
    I dont know how to save a key frame

edited January 2013

I don;t know what you mean by 'Save' a keyframe. To Create a Keyframe, you use the keyframe button as shown below. Is that what you mean? You can see a black dot below the yellow triangle, that means that there is a keyframe there.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1152 x 268 - 75K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2013

I think,, omgwtfbbgxy want to join two aniblock smooth,, so that hope to fill the frames between two aniblock
    (poze and record the key) then record the animation ?

daz timeline and animate timeline are different ,, they can not work about same figure,,at same time.
    you can not record pozing between aniblocks (I think)

so you may need to make empty aniblock, then record keys in aniblock.

but I do not remember you can edit ,aniblock timeline by animate plus,,
    and it may difficult without Animate 2, I think.

but you can bake animate timeline keys (which now you setted two or three bolocks ) on to the daz timeline.
    after that, you can edit the non poze frames, in daz timeline. it may work.
    you can record key as Jimmy said.

and recommend you check good free video tutorial from daz shop .
    you may know more about daz timeline,,
    ;-)
    http://www.daz3d.com/great-art-now-bonus-animation-101
    it may help you lot,, I hope.

baketimeline.JPG
    807 x 564 - 79K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • edited December 1969

Well suppose you create a animation for 1sec. For the 1st frame figure is on T position and for last 30 frame figure has lifted his left leg up.
    Now suppose you wana delete all animation between frame 0 and frame 30
    How can we do that

edited December 1969

Well suppose you create a animation for 1sec. For the 1st frame figure is on T position and for last 30 frame figure has lifted his left leg up.
    How can we do that

You are not explaining this very well. If you have the 'T' pose at frame 1, then his left leg in the final position in frame 30, the DAZ Studio will create all of the in-between frames so that he moves from the T pose to the new pose as an animation. In other words, it will supply all the frames to make that look as seamless as possible.

I am not sure what you want to do. Do you want 29 frames at the T pose, and then 1 frame with the leg lifted?
    Do you want 1 frame at the T pose, and then 29 frames of the leg lifted?

Do you want to get rid of the T pose altogether, and start lifting the leg from Frame 1 to Frame 30? Animations usually start as frame 0, then at frame one you can set the starting pose, and then change that over time using keyframes. Can you explain a bit more clearly exactly what you want to do?

edited January 2013

mm,, jimmy has reply already,, so sorry if I said mistake I believe he want to delete all animation (all key which recorded) ^^;
    becaue he said so ^^;(EDIT)

===================

to clear all animation is simple.

select the object or genesis (Figure) then, top menu>Edit>Figure>Clear animation>clear Figure,(or clear FIgure poze)
    or right click pozing tab, or click option menu of pozing tab,
    Clear Animation>clear Figure poze.

it remove all key of the root and sub node about all frames.

when you move node, ds auto record key on timeline, so sometimes it may diffcult to remove
    only hand node key or leg node key on each frame.

but basically, you may need to adjust pozing on each key and must select root node of genesis,
    then "create a key frame at current time" on root genesis timeline.
    (as jimmy told, click, + key mark.)

on the frame,, if the value of rotation are changed, when you record key with root genesis,
    it auto record the timeline of the all node (right hand,, left foot etc)

so if you want more clear to see , each key of each node timeline,
    or only one key of hand node frame,, etc,,
    you may need to get Go FIgure plug in,, "key mate" or "graph mate" in daz shop,, I think.
    (they are tool for daz timeline so not need to get Animate2 )

• edited December 1969

ok Can you delete all keyframes between 30 and 50

edited December 1969

:blank:
    Before I serched the way to delete 30 to 60 key frames in daz timeline.
    but there seems no way, or simply I could not find the way.

actually, after you ask many things at same time on this topic,, I check about each once again.
    because it may help me to get clear knowledge abotu ds time line.

so say thank you.

But,, now I need not to serch the way to delete 30 to 60 key frames in daz timeline
    because ,,, Key mate can do it easy :coolsmile:

then I think,,, when you ask something, then reply answer,,
    sometimes if it confuse you, or sometimes it may help you.,
    then you hope to ask more ,,,

if you forget something?

edited December 1969

How can we do that

There is a vast differenvce between deleting all animation, and deleting keyframes. To delete keyframes, select each keyframe in turn, and use the Delete Keyframe option as shown below.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1152 x 224 - 69K
    edited January 2013

if I hope to delete all keys from 30 to 60 without key mate.

I may select every node of genesis, (use select children) in scene tab,
    it may show key about all node if some node have key on each frame.
    then delete keys one by one on 30 to 60 frame. it is more simple way, I think.

after delete keys,if I hope to keep zero poze between 30 to 60,
    I may need set new key 30, 31, 59, 60 with zero poze)
    eg bake aniblock from animate timeline , ds bake many key on each time lines.
    so it is not so easy,, delete key one by one. and if I make poze by preset,
    often need to check, which node record the key..

so I need key mate