Old Runtime to New DS4

CrispycraftCrispycraft Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

My old computer quit on me and I have my old runtime saved, but after installing DAZStudio 4.5 I've noticed that its runtime folder doesn't hold the same things as the old (Geometries, Libraries, Materials, Textures, and WebLinks), it only has Textures and Support folders. So, if I want to move my old runtime folder to DS4, how do I do it? I don't see the Geometries, or Libraries, Materials folders.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The default for installing content in DS 4.5 is in the Documents area.

C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

My Library is where you install everything to, and if you install any Poser content in there, the installer crreates a Runtime folder, which is what you are looking for. Just drop the Contents of your present DAZ Studio content folder into the My Library folder, and DS should find it.

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials into the default My Library folder.?

• CrispycraftCrispycraft Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

All I had saved was the runtime folder, no content folder. I did install the Genesis Started Essentials. I do see a runtime folder in the My Library folder, but there is only a texture and support folder inside. There is much more than that inside my runtime folder.

So...if I were to install one of my old DAZ items into DS4, would I select this path...

C:\User\UserName\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

...and everything will disperse itself accordingly?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

That is correct.

You could just place your Runtime folder into the My Library folder, and DAZ Studio should pick it up. Have a look in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager to make sure that the My Library folder is listed under both DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats both. Just make sure that the path for Poser files ends in My Library in Preferences and in the installer. It is the folder that 'holds' the Runtime that you want, and not the runtime itself.

• CrispycraftCrispycraft Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thanks, JimmyC!. I got it to work and I think I understand it. ;-)