How to place a tattoo on V4

deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi
I am trying to find a tutorial that will take me step by step thro the process of applying a body tattoo to V4 or V5 or genesis, indeed any figure. Help would be appreciated

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited January 2013

If you're using Daz Studio:

The best way:

Create a transparent PNG with the tattoo you want.
    Save the file and open up Daz Studio.
    Use the surface selection tool and click on the area of the figure you want to apply the tattoo to.
    Go to the surfaces tab and click the box beside "Diffuse Color". Choose to enter the Layered Image Editor (LIE)
    Create a new layer and choose your PNG file as the layer image.
    Position it where desired.
    Exit out of the LIE and you're done.

The other easy way (and the Poser way):
    Copy the character texture you want to apply the tattoo to.
    Edit the copied file and directly apply the tattoo to the area you want.
    Enter Daz Studio or Poser and swap the texture for that surface to your modified texture.
    You're done.

I prefer using the LIE since it means you can use smaller image files and reposition them anywhere you need rather than have them in a fixed spot every time.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

I can get to the point where you say create a new layer and choose the PNG as the layer image. Then i cant see how to select my PNG file. There does not seem to be a way to do this thats obvious.

Screen_Shot_2013-01-25_at_21.33_.37_.png
    1308 x 778 - 418K
    edited December 1969

A picture tells a thousand words. Click the + icon to create a new layer, then click the resource button, as shown, to load in your file. From there, you might need to rescale the image and reposition it by dragging it in the left hand window. Once in place, exit the LIE and the texture will be in the right spot for rendering.

Super_Creeper.jpg
    139 x 206 - 32K
    Setting.jpg
    819 x 687 - 331K
    Capture.jpg
    817 x 688 - 196K
  • deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much, got it now

edited December 1969

You're welcome. Wancow joked about me making a tutorial on the LIE not too long ago. I'm starting to think it might actually be a good idea, as this question has come up more than a few times.