Render Settings

Virtual RealityVirtual Reality Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have been getting poor results out of rendering, the preview render and workspace look pretty realistic to start with but rendering out in Open GL or the 3Delight produces poor results. Take a look at the images. Would like some help on this. I have tried playing around with the lighting too with no improvements. I notice too that preview renders destroys the hair although the rest looks better. Then in OpenGl the hair looks better but the leather looks solid black.

RenderSamples.jpg
1920 x 1078 - 171K

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,445
    edited December 1969

Can you show us your advanced settings?

RenderSet.JPG
    893 x 972 - 101K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

This thread might help to understand the different Advanced Render settings Render Setting…How? Tutorial links?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, first off the DS Viewport (the part you see as you set up your scene) is just an Aproximation that your Graphic Card can display. A full render with 3DeLight will use the Surface settings for the textures used and also show what your lighting really looks like as done in the render engine. The Same goes for a OGL render, it will show better what is really happening with the lighting and surfaces using the full settings passed to to it. That is the reason we 3D users need to do many test renders, when the first one looks off we adjust the settings and then test again. Getting a perfect render takes time and effort and understanding how all the different parts work together. We all go through this learn as we go part when we start.

None of us have ever found that Make Art Button yet. Time and understanding is your friend in 3D.

• Virtual RealityVirtual Reality Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you chaps, the render settings I used were the default ones. I will take a look at the various tutorials and play with the settings. Its just striking that in many ways the workspace view looks more realistic and has better texture......~S