Upgraded to 4.5 How to set up previous Content Library Folder Organizations

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
edited December 1969 in New Users

Greetings!
I upgraded from Daz 4.0 to 4.5
In 4.0 I more or less had my folders in my Content Library set up the way I wanted, is there a way to import that structure to 4.5 without having to reassign everything to new folders? Currently most of my clothes, morphs etc are in the unassigned folder.
Thanks a bunch!
Amy

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,255
    edited December 1969

The content structure should carry over without any action from you, as far as I know. Isn't it?

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Nope, the majority of files defaulted over to my "unassigned" folder.

I tried running the "Migrate old content database" but that did not work, it gave this log error:

WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2162): Empty relativePath passed to DzContentMgr::getAbsolutePath()
    Asset : / could not be located
    WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2162): Empty relativePath passed to DzContentMgr::getAbsolutePath()
    Asset : / could not be located
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Could not open database file: C:/Users/PETTIJOHN/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio3/Content
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Error connecting to old database
    WARNING: QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'DzOldContentDatabaseConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Could not open database file: C:/Users/PETTIJOHN/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio3/Content
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Error connecting to old database
    WARNING: QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
    *** Scene Cleared ***

Amy

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,255
    edited December 1969

Well, I thought the database was preserved - as long as you didn't change the customisation options anyway. If you did you may have lost it now, but have a look at Adam's tutorial on migrating databases http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5639/

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The database structure is preserved, but items which were in .dsf in 4.0 are .duf in 4.5, which is why they are in Unassigned now. You'll need to categorize them again, but the categories themselves should still be there.