Finding and using DAZ Caontent in Carrara

I do most all of my animating inside of Carrara - but finding the items I want to use is very difficult inside of Cararra (8.5 Pro)

1) If I categorize things in DAZ Studio,would that transfer over to Carrara (either in content or smart content?)

2) Is there a way to export scenes from DAZ Studio 4.9 in a manner that Carrara will be able to read properly?  (If so, I might categorize content in Studio, and start complex scenes by gathering items I need and exporting from Studio to Carrara). 

3) Here's a screenshot of my Carrara Content tab - not sure how to clean things up but would appreciate suggestions

!CarraraContentMess.png
517 x 628 - 61K

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

That's a bunch of runtimes.

Have you ever used the Daz Install Manager?  Or, are you opposed to that? (some people are, and prefer to load the old way)

With DIM, things are loaded so that they are (relatively) easy to find.  Plus, DIM enables the smart content tab, and lets me find things alphabetically.

DIM has other benefits, such as allowing you to know exactly where each file is saved.

If you prefer loading items yourself, others here are better at that than I.

• Not opposed at all - I am using DIM (but also have a RobDAZ runtime for a bunch of content I've gotten elsewhere, typically as freebies), plus Poser 2014.

Even with DIM it seems like I've got multiple iterations of DAZ Library - I'd tried to move most of my content to an external drive at some point - maybe that broke things partially.

Since DIM is automated, I'm not opposed to removing DAZ Content and starting over if that would clean everything up -  but if that won't help, don't want to bother.  

I may need to manually go locate the smaller runtimes / content snippets and just dump them into robDAZ 

• (I'm also not seeing the image I attached to the first post for some reason) - is there a setting I need to toggle?

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

All my content is on a different drive than the programs.  Maybe you have too many pathways enabled?  For me, DIM sticks all the poser compatible stuff on one runtime.

I think that starting over and using DIM, or consolidating runtimes, are both reasonable ideas.

If you wait, you might get better feedback.  Most people here don't post until late in the afternoon (US time)

I don't know why you can't see your posted image, sorry.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

you could delete those extras with this last button

11.JPG
    745 x 109 - 44K