Looking for hair for Ada Lovelace

zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am a big fan of both the real Ada Lovelace and Sydney Padua's "Lovelace & Babbage" webcomic at 2DGoggles, and I've obtained permission from Ms. Padua to use her comic in my statistics class. However, I don't have as many images yet as I'd like, and I want to try to add a few of my own (we can consider this "fan art," though I'm not sure if it should be history fan art or webcomic fan art....)

I've attached references below, including a sample from the webcomic (which I highly recommend) and some historical images of Victorian hairstyles. I think what I'm looking for is an updo with the back section pulled straight back, fastened, and then curled into 3-5 large, loose curls, and the front two sections looped down over the ears and then into the updo. There was also a braided variation that I've included as a comparison to show how the front sections loop.

Any thoughts? I don't care which figure the hairstyle is designed for-- I'm probably going to use AntFarm's Lenore as the base figure anyway. :)

1-ada-hair-braids.jpg
117 x 206 - 13K
1-ada-lovelace.jpg
461 x 286 - 33K
1-ada-victorianhairstyle.gif
310 x 336 - 37K
1-ada-6006451_f260.jpg
260 x 296 - 31K

Comments