Exporting more than one Genesis figure in one scene.

hzrhzr Posts: 207
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I got a problem with the OBJ export function in DAZ Studio 4.5...

When trying to export two seperate figures, both a genesis figure, I always end up with ONE genesis mesh consisting of the two genesis figures in one mesh. This is completely irritating for retexturing and applying displacement with render engines such as vray, where you cant apply displacement per material but rather per object.

Is there any way to export the two figures as seperate meshes with one export. Or can I only do this by exporting each object seperately?

And if it is not possible, is there a chance that you guys at DAZ could take a look at this and perhaps come up with a way seperate the figures from each other on export? This would be extremely helpful.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

heinz0r said:
    I got a problem with the OBJ export function in DAZ Studio 4.5...

When trying to export two seperate figures, both a genesis figure, I always end up with ONE genesis mesh consisting of the two genesis figures in one mesh. This is completely irritating for retexturing and applying displacement with render engines such as vray, where you cant apply displacement per material but rather per object.

Is there any way to export the two figures as seperate meshes with one export. Or can I only do this by exporting each object seperately?

And if it is not possible, is there a chance that you guys at DAZ could take a look at this and perhaps come up with a way seperate the figures from each other on export? This would be extremely helpful.

]

Yes, to get separate objects you have to separate them by making them the only thing visible in the scene and export one at a time. DS doesn't have an 'export selection only' function.

Have you tried renaming before exporting?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Or you can separate them manually once they're imported. It doesn't really take long to separate individual meshes unless they're entwined somehow.